Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

General Chat

General Chat
764 posts | Last Activity on 20-01-2024 14:31 by miker1264
M
miker1264 20-01-2024 14:31, 2 months ago
Re: Icon Tools
Why are my posts constantly getting lost? Then I have to choose Oldest or Newest to see anything.
Responded in Icon Tools
M
miker1264 20-01-2024 00:49, 2 months ago
As some background information may be necessary I will start there. About a month ago I was working on standardizing the manual method of drawing an icon image glow border. Starting from scratch I had to come up with a way to make a very close approximation of the glow borders that are already existing for Ken's Icons. I started by drawing a Glow mask around the image with pre-defined colors. The glow mask is used to apply a gaussian blur effect to make the completed glow border we are most familiar with. But there was a problem. My resulting Glow borders didn't match the original icons. So I contacted Ken Lester who is the original author of Ken's Icons. He shared one of his Glow Masks for one of his icons and he told me the exact colors to use for the Glow mask and exactly how to apply the blur effect which also confirmed that my entire approach was correct. With that information I worked out the exact manual method to draw a glow mask and to produce a nice, authentic looking glow border. The manual method uses a paint program to make a Tile Image by reducing the background pixels to completely transparent. What's left is the image in the middle which is completely opaque. We then use the three colors: white, yellow, orange with very specific RGB values to draw the Glow mask. We start at the top left corner of the image because that seems easiest the use the first color (white) to draw the inner color band. We work in a clockwise direction placing white pixels. The next color band is yellow which is a parallel offset from the white band. The outer band is the orange color. That completes the drawing of the glow mask. But how would that all work in a computer program. Over the last few weeks I have developed the code to draw glow masks.
Responded in Icon Tools
M
miker1264 19-01-2024 21:36, 2 months ago
I've been busy writing tools for AROS. I've made some progress with IconBuilder to draw icon glow borders. It's actually a collection of tools with a button menu that helps me to automate the process of making icons. For a while I didn't even think it was possible to draw a glow mask using only computer code. But it works...:)
Responded in Icon Tools
D
deadwood 11-01-2024 11:35, 3 months ago
Re: AROS Hosted Screen Resolution
You seems to have only one resolution detected by AROS while normally there should be a number of resolutions on that list. Are you running X server or Wayland? If Wayland, can you switch to X server and see whether you are getting more solutions. Which version of AROS are you running? 32-bit or 64-bit?
W
Wintermute 11-01-2024 11:20, 3 months ago
Re: AROS Hosted Screen Resolution
Not persistently, no. I can temporarily force a resolution by unclicking the "default" checkbox and then "Use", but upon the next start things are back to where they where. The "Save" option does not do anything.
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 11-01-2024 10:03, 3 months ago
Re: Tiny Aros Distrò
there will be minor changes to DOpus5 in the next release of Tiny Aros
Responded in Tiny Aros Distrò
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 11-01-2024 09:57, 3 months ago
Re: Tiny Aros Distrò
I don't know how you can do without DOpus5 it is too useful [url=https://ibb.co/27yHz3B][img]https://i.ibb.co/WW6jrv1/dopus5.jpg[/img][/url]
Responded in Tiny Aros Distrò
M
miker1264 10-01-2024 19:18, 3 months ago
[quote name=AMIGASYSTEM post=3657]@AMIGASYSTEM - Created for you 3 Skins for Theme Builder and 3 Skins for MUI Builder[/quote] AMIGASYSTEM The artwork is great. :) For the Theme Builder I like the one with the wooden panel background. For the MUI ReBuilder I like the blue 3D tunnel background. Theme Builder will use three files to build themes and config files. It uses a Color Theme Template, Grey Theme Template, and a coordinates text file. From the Color Theme Template and coordinates file it will draw reference rectangles so you can save the image and check the coordinates. Copy Rectangles Button will copy the artwork in each rectangle to the correct folder and rename it accordingly. Make Theme Config uses all three source files to write the basic theme config file. Setting up the templates and coordinates file will take some time. But once the files are in place if you have color variations for each theme style building the themes could be so much easier.
Responded in Icon Tools
AROS-Confidence
AROS-Confidence 10-01-2024 18:40, 3 months ago
Re: A Prayer and a Poem for the Amiga Community and everybody!
In perfect spiritual love there is an ocean of light full of dark stars. You can open your heart to yourself we see everything That light and darkness are in balance and everything is alive The light of darkness connects with space and the sun The cosmos of light is merciful and kind. and the transcendental nature of water, gases, earth and fire, as well as blood and living things, comes to life in spirits beyond violence. Educate those who cannot and will not, and save the best and worst in the world These include recognition and awareness, understanding and freedom, anarchy, order and forgiveness. Life brings together those who cannot forgive and Teach them to forgive what they can never forgive. Let brightness shine through ALL worlds and enlighten those who cannot understand. All with technology and nature for an eternal peace treaty from the mind and heart of life! and that everything flows into eternity Collect all the good and bad ideas in your cosmos and transform them into light matter. Transform them into something better and leave it as it is. May the gods of gods purify everything and grant the wishes of the impossible. Those who want the impossible deserve the impossible and joy and even euphoria Free yourself from guilt through forgiveness and return to a state of innocence to save all lives. Freed by magic from the wounds of life, give life and stand tall, honest, just, right and sincere, and enlighten the spirits of hearts to create love, the comprehensive nature of things. and they evolve and they make everything and AROS be equal to life and death!
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 10-01-2024 17:29, 3 months ago
Created for you 3 Skins for Theme Builder and 3 Skins for MUI Builder
Responded in Icon Tools
M
miker1264 10-01-2024 16:23, 3 months ago
AMIGASYSTEM Your graphics artist skills are on full display! Here are two more Application Logos. And a sneak peek at some upcoming projects. :P
Responded in Icon Tools
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 10-01-2024 14:21, 3 months ago
I can't wait to try it out I made you Four builder's logos, are not beautiful, but they show your great work :) Yes you can use them, you are the master, I can make as many as you want! I have to do it again, I forgot an I :)
Responded in Icon Tools
M
miker1264 10-01-2024 14:20, 3 months ago
[quote name=AMIGASYSTEM post=3652]@AMIGASYSTEM - I can't wait to try it out I made you two builder's logos, are not beautiful, but they show your great work :)[/quote] AMIGASYSTEM Wow! I really like the one on the left. May I use that in my program? Maybe make the Title Text a little smaller and add the 'i' that is missing so that it fits between the nail holes. I have to make two more logo images.
Responded in Icon Tools
M
miker1264 10-01-2024 12:57, 3 months ago
It seems that my Alpha Blending method is working but it still needs some fine tuning. In the first image it has no alpha Blending. The second image has alpha Blending. This is an actual screenshot. Now I need to put some code behind the button menu. Some of them already work.
Responded in Icon Tools
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 10-01-2024 11:57, 3 months ago
Re: The Fun of the Universe is to destroy Families!
I'm very sick but I'm hanging in there, stay strong man
serk118uk
serk118uk 10-01-2024 11:49, 3 months ago
[quote name=AROS-Confidence post=3647]@AROS-Confidence - Sorry for that oine![/quote] Are you okay?
AROS-Confidence
AROS-Confidence 10-01-2024 11:42, 3 months ago
Sorry for that oine!
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 09-01-2024 17:26, 3 months ago
IconBuilder I believe is a tool that does not exist on AROS but neither does AMiGA. It will almost certainly be of interest to many, as IconEditor was to me, without this tool my icons would never have existed :)
Responded in Icon Tools
M
miker1264 09-01-2024 15:26, 3 months ago
After evaluating several alpha pixels in the original image and comparing the resulting values from ReadRGBPixel I've worked out the Alpha Blending Formula. If the background color is (153,153,153) and the ARGB pixel is (13,0,0,0) this is the formula: //Alpha Blending //alpha=13 //factor= 1-[(roundup(alpha/3))/100] = (1 - 0.05) = 0.95 //value = (int)153*(factor) = (145,145,145). This is the DrawLargeImage function so far. In the screenshot "pixel buffer" is the byte buffer containing the pixel data from the original image which is the small image. Each ARGB pixel in the original image gets mapped to a region of pixels which are 2x2 in this case since pixelateSize=2.
Responded in Icon Tools
M
miker1264 09-01-2024 15:14, 3 months ago
[quote name=AMIGASYSTEM post=3629]@AMIGASYSTEM - Nice miker, will IconBuilder also be available for our distributions?[/quote] It's a specialized tool mostly to help me make the selected image Glow borders. But if anyone feels that it may be useful I can post the finished application with some instructions. This is what the buttons do: Make Glow Mask will eventually draw the Glow mask (without blur effect). Until then I draw it by hand. Make Image Tile will reduce all alpha values less than 255 to 0. So the RGB "Tile" Image remains with a completely transparent background. That makes selection using the Magic Wand Tool easier. Clean Glow Mask removes the RGB Tile Image after the Glow Mask has been drawn. The RGB Tile Image is replaced by white pixels. This makes it easier in the next step to apply the blur effect to produce the glow Border. The glow border results when the blur effect is applied to the glow mask in Photoshop. Once the glow border (blurred) is produced Apply Glow Mask will use the Tile Image and Composite it on top of the Glow Border Image. Assemble Icons will use an icon list to assemble a directory full of icon image pairs and save the icons to the output directory. Although all these things can be done by hand in just a few minutes per icon image. If you are processing 50 icon images maybe what took an hour now only takes 10 min using Icon Builder. More importantly with IconBuilder I'm developing a re-usable User Interface that allows me to finish the IconToolkit Application, the ThemeBuilder Application and the MUIBuilder. The Logo Image, Button Menu and Enlarged Image are all new. That can be used in other applications.
Responded in Icon Tools
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 6
Members Online 0

Total Members: 220
Newest Member: walkero
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]