Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

General Chat

General Chat
764 posts | Last Activity on 09-01-2024 14:02 by AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 09-01-2024 14:02, 3 months ago
Re: Icon Tools
Nice miker, will IconBuilder also be available for our distributions?
Responded in Icon Tools
M
miker1264 09-01-2024 14:00, 3 months ago
After doing some investigating yesterday I traced the CybergraphX ReadRGBPixel function. It uses DoPixelFunct which then reverts to do_pixel_funct which is part of Rom/Graphics. I suppose that should have been my first clue. ReadPixel only uses RGB values. After investigating today by evaluating the pixel values this is what I found: I chose a sample pixel that is (255,46,58,78). It's an ARGB 32 bit pixel. Yet ReadRGBPixel returns 3029582 which is 2E3A4E or in decimal it is 46,58,78. So the alpha is missing. It's only RGB. That makes sense because it uses the same function as ReadPixel. Something strange happens when reading alpha pixels (less than 255). The color (12,0,0,0) has an alpha of 12 but ReadRGBPixel returns (146,146,146). So it seems that ReadRGBPixel uses Premultiplied Alpha with the background color (153 in this case). Part of the mystery is solved. Now I can supply a sample value for WriteRGBPixel then go from there.
Responded in Icon Tools
M
miker1264 09-01-2024 12:25, 3 months ago
In the previous screenshot you can see the original icon image (small image) on the top left of the display area. The enlarged image is drawn at 2x at a slight offset so they don't overlap. I achieved this by drawing the original image as usual into the Rasterport with WritePixelArray. Then using ReadRGBPixel and WriteRGBPixel along with my Pixelate function I can easily draw the enlarged image. But for this method the original image must first be present in the window. This method can be used later for IconPress and IconSplit. But for IconBuilder I only want to show the enlarged image. So far I have tried drawing the original image to an off screen Rasterport but that failed to work. I also tried to address each ARGB pixel in the image then manually convert it to a LONG value to use with WriteRGBPixel. But for some reason all the alpha values are lost in the process. Another method is to copy pixel data from the original byte array to an enlarged byte array then display it. But that seems like a lot of extra work.
Responded in Icon Tools
M
miker1264 09-01-2024 12:02, 3 months ago
This is my newest Icon Tool. It's just for personal use to help me make lots of new icons quickly. It is "Icon Builder" and it uses a button menu for common icon building tasks. For the enlarged image on the right I'm trying to use my "Pixelate" function. I've developed a new method to draw the large image.
Responded in Icon Tools
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 08-01-2024 10:50, 3 months ago
Re: Tiny Aros Distrò
va bene:)
Responded in Tiny Aros Distrò
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 08-01-2024 10:39, 3 months ago
As deadwood has already said, the new Core (C Library) is incomplete, so it should not be distributed in order to prevent these files from being used, as soon as deadwood makes the Core officially available, then it can be made available La e our Distributions! ---- Italiano ---- Come già detto da deadwood, il nuovo Core (Libreria C) è incompleto, quindi non bisogna distribuirlo onde evitare che questi file siano utilizzati, appena deadwood renderà disponibile ufficiale il Core, allora si potrà rendere disponibile sulle nostre Distribuzioni !
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 08-01-2024 09:28, 3 months ago
i'm successfully using tny aros with the latest deadwood build and it's working fine i plan to release a new one in a few days! [url=https://ibb.co/G0ZLxyr][img]https://i.ibb.co/W6rwxZR/tiny.jpg[/img][/url]
D
deadwood 08-01-2024 03:45, 3 months ago
Re: AROS Hosted Screen Resolution
You can to Prefs/ScreenMode and select the resolution you like.
W
Wintermute 08-01-2024 03:03, 3 months ago
Re: AROS Hosted Screen Resolution
Hi everyone, I am running AROS hosted, inside a Fedora distro. The window starts only at the full screen resolution (which is problematic - it is a window, so part of the windows lands outside the screen). There is no Boot application to change this behaviour (there is an icon, no executable file though). How can I change the starting screen resolution to something more sensible? Thanks a lot!
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 04-01-2024 09:03, 3 months ago
for the next release we have to wait until there are fixes to be made'.
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 04-01-2024 08:51, 3 months ago
I have changed the theme for the next release 'arosminimal2':)
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 02-01-2024 20:44, 3 months ago
many thanks:)
Responded in Icon Tools
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 02-01-2024 17:28, 3 months ago
Thank you miker, I have already implemented IconDrop on the new AROS One 2.4!
Responded in Icon Tools
M
miker1264 02-01-2024 16:10, 3 months ago
IconDrop version 1.02 has been posted to AROS Archives.
Responded in Icon Tools
M
miker1264 02-01-2024 11:45, 3 months ago
I have started the process of revising IconClone from version 1.08 to version 1.09. one major difference will be the addition of two buttons at the bottom to allow an icon image exchange or the complete replacement of an existing icon file. Hence the updated version will also use the new display offsets from IconDrop with the correction factor for x-coords, new Erase_Rectangle and any new enhancements that are needed. For those who like to change the palette color for background color I'm developing a method to read the new background color directly from the window rasterport. :-)
Responded in Icon Tools
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 01-01-2024 17:10, 3 months ago
Perfect miker, IconDrop works very well, the New Year has started well :) [img]https://www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/icondrop_3.jpg[/img]
Responded in Icon Tools
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 01-01-2024 17:10, 3 months ago
Perfect miker, IconDrop works very well, the New Year has started well :)
Responded in Icon Tools
M
miker1264 01-01-2024 16:26, 3 months ago
After much testing I concluded that the windows were being drawn correctly depending on which theme is currently being used. My program offsets needed to be adjusted to display correctly. The program now works as expected with window themes with different border thickness. Here is the revised IconDrop program and source code. The code is still a bit messy.
Responded in Icon Tools
mattson1017
mattson1017 01-01-2024 14:39, 3 months ago
Re: Happy Holidays
Happy New Year Everyone!
Responded in Happy Holidays
amigamia
amigamia 01-01-2024 11:53, 3 months ago
Re: Happy Holidays
Happy New 2024 to you all!
Responded in Happy Holidays
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 4
Members Online 0

Total Members: 220
Newest Member: walkero
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]