Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

General Chat

General Chat
845 posts | Last Activity on 10-02-2024 10:51 by Amiwell79
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 10-02-2024 10:51, 2 months ago
Re: Hardware for sale
I also have a fixed computer but I have to fix it up I am waiting for the new CPU
Responded in Hardware for sale
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 10-02-2024 09:59, 2 months ago
i have an Samsung NC10 compatible with aros is a netbook computer
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 10-02-2024 09:57, 2 months ago
thread for those who want to sell hardware compatible with aros
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 10-02-2024 09:56, 2 months ago
Re: Tiny Aros Distrò
I was thinking of releasing a beta 2 friends of aros:)
Responded in Tiny Aros Distrò
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 09-02-2024 08:50, 2 months ago
Re: AROS only sees apx. 7.5 GB of a 500 GB HDD
you can use a usb key installation also
D
deadwood 09-02-2024 08:47, 2 months ago
Hmm, I didn't pay attention when doing test installs on AHCI last week. I will repeat these tests to see if this happens on my configurations as well.
S
Studenteer 09-02-2024 05:05, 2 months ago
[quote name=deadwood post=4066]@deadwood - [quote name=Studenteer post=4065]@Studenteer The "ahci.device"-problem seems to be related to driver. ANY Computer I had ever installed AROS at least once got those problems when installing on AHCI.[/quote] So this is not repeatable? I mean on the same configuration one installation process will use whole disk and the other process will be locked at 7.5GB?[/quote] This issue is repeatable with every computer with AHCI - with the configuration of Puni's computer or any other computer. Like I said, it is like AROS do not know, that there is more space left then 7.5 GB - no forcing, no work around, just those 7.5 GB avaible (also with the computers of "recommened hardware"). No possiblitly to gain full access to storage-capacity, while running AHCI. EDIT: As it seems, AROS can see partitions larger then 7.5 GB though AHCI, but it have no option to use those. The storage capacity over 7.5 GB still left untouched.
D
deadwood 09-02-2024 01:31, 2 months ago
[quote name=Puni post=4064]@Puni If you are interested Deadwood, I can post the specs of the computer here along with the error message I receive? Thanks for the help so far. :-)[/quote] No need right now - I will try to reproduce this problem on test hardware I have.
D
deadwood 09-02-2024 01:29, 2 months ago
[quote name=Studenteer post=4065]@Studenteer The "ahci.device"-problem seems to be related to driver. ANY Computer I had ever installed AROS at least once got those problems when installing on AHCI.[/quote] So this is not repeatable? I mean on the same configuration one installation process will use whole disk and the other process will be locked at 7.5GB?
S
Studenteer 08-02-2024 18:32, 2 months ago
[quote name=deadwood post=4037]@deadwood - Let me know if switching to ata.device solves your issues. That would be weird and definatelly something to look into - there shouldn't be such limitation on ahci.device. (...) One other thing you could try is during InstallAROS instead of letting AROS use "whole" size of disk, force it to use something like 120GB. If I recall correctly it is possible that AROS has 128GB partition size limit so your whole disk won't be used anyhow. [/quote] The "ahci.device"-problem seems to be related to driver. ANY Computer I had ever installed AROS at least once got those problems when installing on AHCI. Every time facing this bug, it seems like AROS do not know, that there is more space left, when AHCI is activated. Because of this issue of approx. 7.5 GB space while more available, I recommening to avoid AHCI as driver as possible.
Puni
Puni 08-02-2024 17:42, 2 months ago
Unfortunately, the BIOS does not allow (it does not even have the option) to switch to SATA/IDE. The laptop is from HP. I checked customer service and this is one of many laptops HP has released that has this restriction. I got an error message when I tried to force it to use a specific size. I think I will use this machine for another project and find a more suitable one for AROS. :-) If you are interested Deadwood, I can post the specs of the computer here along with the error message I receive? Thanks for the help so far. :-)
D
deadwood 08-02-2024 03:36, 2 months ago
One other thing you could try is during InstallAROS instead of letting AROS use "whole" size of disk, force it to use something like 120GB. If I recall correctly it is possible that AROS has 128GB partition size limit so your whole disk won't be used anyhow.
D
deadwood 08-02-2024 02:24, 2 months ago
Let me know if switching to ata.device solves your issues. That would be weird and definatelly something to look into - there shouldn't be such limitation on ahci.device.
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 07-02-2024 17:45, 2 months ago
Re: Icon Tools
good:)
Responded in Icon Tools
Puni
Puni 07-02-2024 15:26, 2 months ago
Thanks for the helpful information. You are correct in that I'm running AHCI. I will try what you suggested! (y) Cheers!
S
Studenteer 07-02-2024 14:48, 2 months ago
Sounds like you running your storage on AHCI. For fixing it, you should check in your BIOS-Settings, if you can switch your mode of handling internal disk from AHCI to SATA or IDE. If possible, select SATA or IDE-Mode and reinstall AROS. After that, you should gain full storage capacity. Note, that your datas saved on your harddisk before will be lost - so a reinstallation of AROS will be nessacary.
Puni
Puni 07-02-2024 14:25, 2 months ago
Hi, A beginner with AROS here. I managed to install AROS on a laptop. Unfortunately I can't get it to see more than apx. 7.5 GB of the HDD's size. The original size of the HDD is 500 GB. It had Linux (Peppermint) on it from before, but wiped the disk (using the AROS Installer tool), so it should all be gone. I've also used HDToolbox to try to partition it manually, but only about 7.5 GB of free space shows up there as well. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! :)
M
miker1264 07-02-2024 14:17, 2 months ago
Re: Icon Tools
For Icon Builder I started the Apply Composite function that will allow combining a tile image with a glow border. That just leaves Change Glow Tint and Assemble Icons then it will be completed. The Assemble Icons function will use a Progress Indicator much like the one Magellan uses. The code for that will be re-used for Sun-Ray also when rendering scenes to indicate progress. I'd like say that Icon Drop will be the first Icon Tool to be both AROS & Amiga compatible using the same source code to compile for both. But that title goes to Icon Split CLI instead. It works on AROS and Amiga OS 3.5/3.9 with the same source, unchanged for both platforms. The major obstacle keeping me from making the previous Icon Tools from working also on Amiga was the display method. I was using CybergraphX WritePixelArrayAlpha to display images. The alternate method for Amiga was BltBitMaptoRastPort but it requires a bitmap. Using the Direct Draw Method I developed for Icon Builder now I can use Graphics Library to draw directly to a RasterPort with Alpha Blending. That should work with Amiga also.
Responded in Icon Tools
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 04-02-2024 13:09, 3 months ago
everything is online
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 04-02-2024 11:00, 3 months ago
Then I upload in these hours on my website
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator

Filter by Tags

Popular Threads This Week

AROS One x86 Work In Progressby AMIGASYSTEM 138 posts
Tiny Aros Distròby Amiwell79 90 posts
Aros Software Promotionby Amiwell79 69 posts
AROS Archives - clean upby AMIGASYSTEM 59 posts
ADoom3 benchmarkby retrofaza 31 posts
Development Planby deadwood 27 posts
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 6
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]