Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

504 Gateway Timeout error

Last updated on 5 months ago
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 6 months ago

Gateway Timeout

The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

Additionally, a 504 Gateway Timeout error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Hello team, I have had a few reports that the above message shows when browsing to this site and ae.arosworld.org. If you do get the same while browsing here, please report here Day and Time and any other details like browser used etc. etc.

If you receive the message on ae.arosworld.org, please report on the thread I opened there. This seems to be an issue with the hosting service and it goes away without me doing anything about it. I am trying to track the events so I can submist a support request.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago
Got 504 @ 12:29 UTC today
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 6 months ago
504:
vr 2023-11-10 12:27:xx UTC
till about
vr 2023-11-10 12:29:xx UTC

It was lasting a bit longer now. Took me several reloads and the time in between the site responded with either the 504 or got stuck during load (so I had to refresh).
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 months ago
2023-11-12 ~12:30 - ~12:35 UTC

Looks like some backup running at 12:30 UTC?
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 6 months ago
Perhaps on their end but not from mine. I think I have enough evidence to open a ticket.
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 6 months ago
Interestingly enough, AE.arosworld.org SMF alerts me at the same time with this email:

There has been a problem with the database!

This is a notice email to let you know that SMF could not connect to the database, contact your host if this continues.

I have received 2 so far since I set the auto-forwarding and the last one came in at the same time you reported it (7:34AM EST which corresponds to 12:34 UTC)
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 5 months ago
za 2 dec 2023 13:31:04 CET

That was the first, then at least 3 attempts followed (around 5 minutes total timespan) resulting in the same gateway error.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, magorium, deadwood
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 6
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]