Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Back to Amiga software

Last updated on 2 months ago
BorniPIBorniPINewbie
Posted 2 months ago
Hi,
i used an Amiga about 11 years, not only for gaming Smile but also for study. My last Amiga was a 2000 with a 50 MHz 68040 and 128 MB Ram. It is still here but i think it is unuseable because first my cat chewed on monitor cable and second i forgot to check the battery. During study i used AMOS for AI a solution. I remember that my Amiga was calculating about an hour.

Because in the 90th i used a lot of Protracker for making untuned noises not real music but i emptied the bars in my small town and gathered the people at my location. I found some of my mods from later time on a modland.com. I thought they were forever lost because of an HD crash in the mid 90.

I have an old machine here, i disconnected from net https://de.msi.co...ort#manual .
I hope, i am able to build up a music tracker with that machine with Midi
https://www.thoma...sb_1x1.htm
. I already bought a floppy that is able to read Amiga discs.

If i am not responding directly, i am suffering from long flu about 45 years and i am really fast exhausted.
Best regards,
Borni
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 2 months ago
Welcome

if you used to use amiga with aros you will be comfortable, there are currently no trackers with midi support we are waiting for Bars&Pipes and a future upgrade to Protrekkr which is a very professional software, if you want to set up a computer just ask
mattson62mattson62Junior Member
Posted 2 months ago
@Amiwell79 If I may on the subject of midi players ask...there is a great little player called SimplePlay I use on Winuae Amiga,Is it possible to bring it to AROS?Such a good player Smile thanks
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 2 months ago
There is HarmonyPlayer on aros works whit timidity
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 2 months ago

mattson62 wrote:

@mattson62 - @Amiwell79 If I may on the subject of midi players ask...there is a great little player called SimplePlay I use on Winuae Amiga,Is it possible to bring it to AROS?Such a good player Smile thanks

You may need to contact the author https://www.amigans.net/modules/profile/userinfo.php?uid=16 of the software and ask him/her to port it. I do not see the source code available for download.

Author: James Carroll
Submitter: James Carroll
Email: james carroll/xnet co nz
mattson62mattson62Junior Member
Posted 2 months ago
@amigamia thanks for the info and many thanks for all the awesome work you do!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, Amiwell79, mattson62, BorniPI
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 5
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]