Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AHI sound Output too quiet?

Last updated on 2 months ago
BorniPIBorniPINewbie
Posted 2 months ago
Hi,
i know AROS is in development. I am not sure if i used AHI on my Amiga, but i saw today that the mixdown output was too quiet, i gave +10 dezibel on my external mixer but it was still quiet. I turned up the compressor in the line and got interfering signals and whitenoise.

I don't know is it a driver problem but Prefs -> AHI was maxed output on a m-audio audiophile 2496 Rev A 2000. I can confirm playback works https://en.wikibo...86_support .

I think to amplify the sound about 20-30 dezibel would help.

Best Regards,
Borni
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 2 months ago
It could be a compatibility issue with your Sound Card, on VMware and on Native PC I have normal and sistently quite high volume on AROS!
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 2 months ago
you are referring to the registration phase currently there are problems with the audio recording
Edited by Amiwell79 on 10-03-2024 15:31, 2 months ago
J
Jeff1138Junior Member
Posted 2 months ago
Hi,

It could be the driver was written for different version and has not been customised for your card.

Sadly, we do not have audio ahi developers around (most came from Davy Wentlzer 10 years ago) so the ahi drivers (apart from HDAudio) are stuck with their current versions.
serk118ukserk118ukSoftware Dev
Posted 2 months ago
Try metemp3 , I used different method for output.
Edited by serk118uk on 11-03-2024 05:50, 2 months ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: serk118uk, AMIGASYSTEM, Amiwell79, Jeff1138, BorniPI
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 11
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]