Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

New Hollywood plugin not avaialble for AROS.

Last updated on 1 month ago
N
ntromansNewbie
Posted 1 month ago
A new Hollywood plugin 'Pangomonium' has just been realeased which gives much better control of text (e.g. adding superscripts/subscripts and being able to change font type or size within a text object). Unfortunatley there isn't a verion for AROS. I asked about this and the reply was:

"It's not possible on AROS with their current SDK. It's the same reason why Polybios and the XLSX plugin aren't available on AROS: All those plugins need a compiler capable of creating LoadSeg()able binaries which use C++17 code and exception handling."

So I was just wondered if the required additions were in the development plan for any point?

Many thanks,
Nigel.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 1 month ago
Hi,

Looking at available information, C++ 17 was available in GCC since version 7/8. We are now at 6.5.0 so upgrading the compiler is the first requirement.

Timewise, unless someone else steps in the does the work, I don't see upgrading the compiler before end of this year and probably also before end of next year (but planning for next year is not really clear at this point in time).
N
ntromansNewbie
Posted 1 month ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - Hi,

Looking at available information, C++ 17 was available in GCC since version 7/8. We are now at 6.5.0 so upgrading the compiler is the first requirement.

Timewise, unless someone else steps in the does the work, I don't see upgrading the compiler before end of this year and probably also before end of next year (but planning for next year is not really clear at this point in time).

Many thanks, and I ceratinly appreciate there are far more important things going on with AROS right now; I just thought I'd check in the (unlikely) event the Hollywood authors had missed something,

Cheers,
Nigel.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: deadwood, ntromans
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 7
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]