Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

How to mount an USB Stick

Last updated on 8 years ago
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 8 years ago
Just doing what i was hired for :P ... albeit a bit late :-S
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 8 years ago
Thanks Magorium for a more in depth explanation. ;)
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 8 years ago
Hi error0xff and welcome.

Yeah the mounting of devices works a bit differently then your average joe OS :)

There is no specific action you would have to take to mount/unmount a usb device. It will be automatically mounted when inserted and unmounted when removed from the usb connection.

amigamia is correct in that an icon should pop up on the desktop automatically.

But, the filesystem works a bit differently. The 'desktop browser' does not show your files unless you specifically tell it to (show all files, right mouse to activate menu, view options). it expects .info files for files to be shown that way using the desktop browser.

You should be able to access your usb device using directory opus, just as you normally would with a tool like norton/midnight commander. But, you might not be aware that you need to show the device list first, and select your device first from it in order to 'access' the files.

If you open a shell, and type info + enter, it should at least tell you if the device was mounted properly and what (device)name it got. You can use that name to access the files on it.

In case this (still) isn't working for you then please feel free to nag us.

I'm truly sorry for the delay, as i am/was a bit occupied doing other stuff atm. I'll try to keep an eye on things.
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 8 years ago
If I remember correctly, It should appear as an icon on the desktop where you can double click on and open its content. The label under the icon is usually a number, which I believe it is the device ID. That is what I recall from my times when I used Icaros.
E
error0xffNewbie
Posted 8 years ago
Hi guys,

I'm new Icaros user. I didn't had an Amiga computer, this is my first time when I use an Amiga like operating system.

My question is how can I mount/unmount am usb memory stick. I can see the device into the "poseidon" application, so the system seems to detect it, but I don't know what I need to do next, in order to see the files from the memory stick. I tried to use the directory opus to see the files from the memory stick, but without any positive result :(

Also, I read the documentation part regarding the USB mounting devices and I don't understand how this works under an AmigaOS like system.

Thanks in advance for your help!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, magorium, error0xff
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 3
Members Online 2
Amiwell79, miker1264

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]