Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

aros-exec no more.

Last updated on 5 years ago
nikosnikosDistro Maintainer
Posted 6 years ago
Sad news but aros-exec is soon history.

This site can be aros users and developers new home.
I can see this site is up for sale but maybe things will be different now regarding traffic here.
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 6 years ago

nikos wrote:

Sad news but aros-exec is soon history.

This site can be aros users and developers new home.
I can see this site is up for sale but maybe things will be different now regarding traffic here.

That is such a sad news! I have been out of touch with the AROS community for a while but I occasionally lurk around to see what's going on. I'll keep this site up as long as you guys need it.
M
mordeskuNewbie
Posted 5 years ago
Last days I was busy, and now I noticed aros-exec is down for maintenance. Will it be migrated to a new engine and/or domain etc during this break?
C
cavemannSoftware Dev
Posted 5 years ago
I would not have guessed that ArosWorld would outlast Aros-exec :P

Anyway, If you haven't seen it yet, here's the new site, https://ae.amigalife.org/
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 5 years ago
Fantastic news to have new AROS-exec forums.

Unfortunately, not for me as
a: on my first attempt the create account the captcha failed by refusing to refresh the image
b: the immunify 360 protection kicking in is wrong as hell by bothering me
c: immunity 360 software is faulty as smelly shite

Really do they expect to payment for that crap ? Do show me how many 'intruder attempts' were made from 217.121.x.x... one ? two ? because end-user tries attempt to create an account ?

I wonder how OWB would handle such crappy javascript. Someone having experience with that ?

BTW: because of that shite i am also unable to even view the old archived site.
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 5 years ago
Hi magorium, Welcome back!

sorry you are having so many problems on the new aros-exec web site. I didn't have any issues but I am not running this immunify 360 you are talking about. Perhaps, you need to whitelist the new site address in immunify360?
Just a thought. I had uOrigin ad blocker and it was preventing me from a different site and once I added it to the white list, all was fine.
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 5 years ago
If not, you can hang around here any time. Not many users as usual but nikos and cavemann from time to time make ghost appearances :)
C
cavemannSoftware Dev
Posted 5 years ago
I sometimes make a guest appearance, but even though it's almost Halloween, it's not dead enough for a ghost appearance :P

I have always preferred this site to Aros Exec, now more than ever!

But I have followed the crowd and registered at the new site. I didn't
have any problems registering, except that it takes me several tries every time I have to do that captcha thing ;)
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 5 years ago

amigamia wrote:

Hi magorium, Welcome back!

Thanks you. sorry for being absent for so long. Still very busy doing IRL stuff unfortunately...

Perhaps, you need to whitelist the new site address in immunify360?

That would have to be done by 4play then (or his hoster). It is a pro-active firewall kind of thing that runs on the server. Nothing i can do about that :o

Issues being that the captcha refresh let it kick in activated the recaptcha, and well ... as we all know... google isn't too fond of old browsers :@

more info here, and sorry for the typo as it is imunify 360

If not, you can hang around here any time.

Thank you very kindly. I would have to take you up on that offer :P
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 5 years ago

Happy halloween cavemann :)
C
cavemannSoftware Dev
Posted 5 years ago
This may not help, but I've updated the link to Aros Exec, and added a link to the archived site.
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 5 years ago
Thank you cavemann :thumbsup:

I fear that is a process that will take some time to be able to change them for all where we mentioned the aros-exec link..... why-o-why....

Hopefully there will be one steady factor in there namely arosworld.org ;)

PS: i've finally managed to get over to the new aros-exec forums as well... i had to use my tablet to go through the "no i'm not a robot verification process" of re-captcha. The normal captcha's still are a problem though (reloading fails), but now i can whine about that over there ;)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: cavemann, amigamia, nikos, magorium, mordesku
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 7
Members Online 0

Total Members: 219
Newest Member: Luca91
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]