Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Website or blog that holds lots of icaros games?

Last updated on 9 years ago
X
xboxownJunior Member
Posted 9 years ago
I am wondering is there a website or a blog that updates daily or almost daily that have hundreds of icaros games, reviews of games links to download games for icaros?

I am going to buy that tiny laptop in a week or so and I want to install icaros 2.0 in it and I want to fill it up with so much games I can have fun with it in a bus or in car or anywhere I go. It will be like a mini portable console system :D :D :D

ALSO I want to fill that laptop with lots of movies too!! YES!

Also side, side, side note is there sticker I can buy that have icaros logo and icaros logo to put in the keyboard keys, etc?
C
cavemannSoftware Dev
Posted 9 years ago
Most of the Aros (x86) games are at the Aros-Archive. They are separated into categories so you can choose the kind of games you like. It's updated about once a week.

Many games are also at the web sites of the AROS porters Yannick, Bszili and SerkUK. Check out the ArosWorld web-links page for more info.

I don't think there are any game reviews, but you can get info about some AROS games by going to the ArosWorld News Categories and look through the Games section.

Good luck !
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 9 years ago
In additional to cavemann's answer,

some enthousiast did start a gamer website (called aros playground) [url=arosgamer.blogspot.com/]here[/url], but unfortunately most people are so busy that it hasn't been updated for quite a while now.

As mentioned by cavemann some porters put their work up on their own websites, or upload them to the aros archives or aminet.

In case you are serious about gaming and considering your quest for an icaros compatible laptop, be aware that when you are truly collecting aros games (and want to have them all installed) you have to take diskspace into account.

especially bszili and sometimes serk concentrate on porting games that require a lot of diskspace for the game-data. So, a couple of GB's extras is required or at least can't hurt :)

As a hint, my AROS gaming machine has more then 5 GB of games installed and that's only with games that i like to play more often.
X
xboxownJunior Member
Posted 9 years ago

magorium wrote:

In additional to cavemann's answer,

some enthousiast did start a gamer website (called aros playground) [url=arosgamer.blogspot.com/]here[/url], but unfortunately most people are so busy that it hasn't been updated for quite a while now.

As mentioned by cavemann some porters put their work up on their own websites, or upload them to the aros archives or aminet.

In case you are serious about gaming and considering your quest for an icaros compatible laptop, be aware that when you are truly collecting aros games (and want to have them all installed) you have to take diskspace into account.

especially bszili and sometimes serk concentrate on porting games that require a lot of diskspace for the game-data. So, a couple of GB's extras is required or at least can't hurt :)

As a hint, my AROS gaming machine has more then 5 GB of games installed and that's only with games that i like to play more often.

Thank you for the heads up! Yes I am beyond serious! I want to fill up the HD with every single icaros game made for it or ported for it in existence. When new ones come up I will update more into the folder. So, yes I am serious.

However, my concern since icaros is an going growing OS what would happen if say I have put 5 GB worth of games and then icaros 2.1 shows up, or icaros 2.4 shows up and so on, would that mean I have to redownload all these games again because I have to keep wiping HD? Can the new versions just be updated on the OS itself without affecting files and documents?
C
cavemannSoftware Dev
Posted 9 years ago
I use another partition for games and stuff. When I update the Os, I only format the system partition and not the partition with all the apps I want to keep.

Or if you prefer, use an Usb stick for the system and only update it. Then use your internal drive for your own files.
X
xboxownJunior Member
Posted 9 years ago

cavemann wrote:

I use another partition for games and stuff. When I update the Os, I only format the system partition and not the partition with all the apps I want to keep.

Or if you prefer, use an Usb stick for the system and only update it. Then use your internal drive for your own files.

No! :) I would rather very high speed boot up time and I want my icaros on a HD as it is my main and only OS I want installed in the HD. I will make three paritions.

1) Parition SYS: (4 GB)
2) Work: (20 GB)
3) Games (rest)

Of course depending on the available space it will fluctuate to that.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: cavemann, magorium, xboxown
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 2
Members Online 0

Total Members: 220
Newest Member: walkero
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]