Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Icon Tools

Last updated on 2 days ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 3 days ago
Hi miker, about changing Icon type, I don't know if you ever noticed, on Wandererer the icons are "Universal", basically an Icon automatically changes "the icon type" if it is associated with a file of different type.

Not only if for example you associate a Tool Icon with a Folder, the icon will automatically change to Folder Icon, the same icon if you rename it Disk.info, it will change to Disk Icon.
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 3 days ago
AMIGASYSTEM

Hello.

As far as I know for the Dual PNG Icons on AROS the icon type is not stored in the icOn chunk. But rather Icon Library uses several criteria to decide what type of icon it is such as if it is at the root of a volume named disk info or if it's associated with a drawer or if it is a project or tool icon with tool types stored in the icOn chunk.

So your observation about how Icon Library decides what type of icon is mostly correct. But the type of icon doesn't change. The type isn't stored. Only the criteria changes for the icon.

However the icon type is stored in Classic Amiga Icons in the disk object data. So that is a different situation.
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 3 days ago
BTW - I will be working on finishing Icon Builder and then continuing work on some other icon tools as well with a focus of making them Amiga Compatible for Cross Platform Applications. Icon Split cli is an example of that concept.

Recently I've been updating my picture viewers hoping to make them Amiga Compatible but until I come up with a working display method that will be on hold. Amiga 68k is not same as AROS.

I'll be releasing more window Themes and new Icons as well in the near future, God willing.

Theme Builder is also being worked on along with a few other projects. Stay tuned. Smile
Edited by miker1264 on 03-05-2024 13:50, 3 days ago
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 3 days ago
many thanks Miker
Posted 3 days ago
Thanks miker, I will be happy to include your tools on the next AROS One.

Regarding Themes, do you think it is possible to get "Transparent" Themes like the Amistart bar ?
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 3 days ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - Thanks miker, I will be happy to include your tools on the next AROS One.

Regarding Themes, do you think it is possible to get "Transparent" Themes like the Amistart bar ?

Could you post a sample of what you mean by Transparent Theme?
Posted 3 days ago
I mean 2 types of transparency, one you can see it in my AROS One 68k video attached, look at the bar underneath of "WBDock", basically the bar takes the color of the background, same thing happens with Amistart on AROS One x86.

https://youtu.be/...

The other transparency is the one used by Win7, see screnshot
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following image:
win7.jpg
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 3 days ago
The problem with transparency or even semi-transparency for window themes is that the PNG images for the theme are 24bit images. For Amiga OS4 and Amiga OS3 it's possible to have 32bit images for the pieces that make a theme.

If we could use 32bit images then maybe a transparent theme would be possible.
Edited by miker1264 on 03-05-2024 19:05, 3 days ago
Posted 2 days ago
If I understand correctly it is the Theme manager that does not support 32Bit Images, also because the images used in Themes are 32Bit
pixiepixieJunior Member
Posted 2 days ago

miker1264 wrote:

@miker1264 - The problem with transparency or even semi-transparency for window themes is that the PNG images for the theme are 24bit images. For Amiga OS4 and Amiga OS3 it's possible to have 32bit images for the pieces that make a theme.

If we could use 32bit images then maybe a transparent theme would be possible.

I Imagine that OS4 did use alpha for composition, but didn't knew Amiga OS 3 also used it.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, pixie, Amiwell79, miker1264
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 7
Members Online 1
pixie

Total Members: 227
Newest Member: wiz
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]