Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Bounty for new Browser clarification

Last updated on 5 months ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 7 months ago
Yes OK, but browservice does not work on native AROS or AROS VM!
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 7 months ago
no browservice is a service that runs on windows/linux/raspberry then you use odyssey to browse
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 7 months ago

Amiwell79 wrote:

@Amiwell79 - browserservice is a better service to navigate and have access to all sites then the rendering of pages is much faster with amifox i found problems on some web portals and also with rendering

OK, thank you very much for the feedback.

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - Yes OK, but browservice does not work on native AROS or AROS VM!

Browserservice runs the chrome engine in the background.

If chrome already runs natively on AROS then ask yourself why on earth would someone need to have a (bounty for a) new browser for AROS ? Smile

fwiw: it is the whole point of such a proxy service: to allow old operating systems to access the web in a (more) secure and safe way because the original operating system / original hardware isn't capable of accessing the internet or provide certain safety features at all.
Edited by magorium on 14-10-2023 05:41, 7 months ago
Posted 7 months ago
regarding bounty there is nothing known, there was a question here on the forum about it and many users were in favour of opening it, i think those who would like to upgrade odyssey or port another software should step in, amifox and browservice are the only alternatives at the moment
Posted 7 months ago
amifox is limited in any case compared to browservice
Posted 5 months ago
deadwood could there be an odyssey update in the future?Smile
Posted 5 months ago
maybe with a few corrections, I can't get into webmail in any before I could it was yahoo, then there's a site I'm interested in in particular familysearch.org
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 5 months ago
We'll have to wait and see. Right now I'm focused on bringing ABiv0 up to the same level as 64-bit core build.
Posted 5 months ago
I have made a request to ALBS if they can solve the problem on familysearch.org for the rest amifox is a nice invection I will donate to amitopia for their workLike
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, magorium, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, Amiwell79, ASiegel
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 3
Members Online 1
G-linx

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]