Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS Serial Disk Reader

Last updated on 6 months ago
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 6 months ago
AROS Serial Disk Reader Project is still ongoing.

After doing some research & testing I've decided that C# is great for a Windows 10 GUI. But for sending & receiving data over a high speed serial connection for low level disk access C# is really bad. The .Net framework is just too slow to read the Track Data correctly. Either C or C++ can be used for this purpose. So the C# GUI is on hold.

According to documentation the DrawBridge Device Driver & executable should also compile on Linux. So if it's generic enough maybe a new AROS version can be compiled.
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 6 months ago
My goal for today is to install Ubuntu 20.04 with gcc and g++ in a virtual machine to start compiling some Linux apps. The first app will be the traditional "Hell Linux World" 🙂

I'd like to someday compile my IconSplitter that magorium helped with. It splits Classic Amiga icons into two ILBM images. Then I will need to write ILBMImage for Linux to display ILBM's.

My immediate goal is to compile "DrawBridge" for Linux. If it compiles without much effort for Linux maybe it will compile for AROS as well.

If it compiles well for Linux I can experiment with c code in Linux to export Track Data and MFM data by reading Amiga formatted floppy disks. That way I can write my own MFM Decoder. The RKRM (Rom Kernel Manual) has excellent information about MFM decoding. But what use is an MFM Decoder Application? I'm not sure yet. 😎
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 6 months ago
After several attempts over a full week of trying I finally achieved one goal. The command line exe for DrawBridge (Arduino controller) compiled successfully for Windows 10.

It's not AROS but it's a good start. At least the source code works. Not sure if it will compile for AROS. It's written in C++ so it uses g++ to compile. It is supposed to compile for Linux so maybe Ubuntu 20.04 might work for that.

If I can write a mmakefile src for it maybe I can get it to compile for AROS. It's worth a try. 🙂

If it compiles correctly (after several more attempts I'm sure) then I can modify an existing USB to Serial Poseidon Class Driver. But I may need help with that since I'm not familiar with Poseidon USB or Trident.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: miker1264
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 8
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]