Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

New AROS Icons

Last updated on 4 months ago
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 4 months ago
Here is an archive with some new PNG Icons in the style of Ken's v4 Icons. These are being released with permission from Ken since they are based on some of his original icons.

The icons are for floppy disks. I also have icon images for colored floppies, colored LS120's, colored zip disks, new colored Ram Disks and some new Flash Drive Icons. There will also be an archive of assorted icons to choose from.

This is the first batch of icons. The others will need New Glow Borders. I have included the icon images in case someone wants to assemble their own icons or use the icon image artwork.
Edited by miker1264 on 17-12-2023 15:36, 4 months ago
You do not have access to view attachments
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 4 months ago
They are very nice! Excellent work. Keem them coming.
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 4 months ago
I've been making some new icons and I was using one of my Icons Tools to assemble them. The IconDrop Tool will be available very soon.
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 4 months ago
Here are some of the assembled icons including the completed floppy icons posted previously.

Here you will find New Floppy Icons, New Flash Disk Icons and New Ram Disk Icons. There will be more.
pixiepixieJunior Member
Posted 4 months ago
They look quite nice, congrats!
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 4 months ago

pixie wrote:

@pixie - They look quite nice, congrats!

@pixie

Thank you. I painted many of them by hand. The others are color variations from the original. The LS120 icon images and Zip100 icon images took several hours to complete. I had to refer to the real disks to get the realistic look and feel. Smile

Although they look good I don't claim to be as good as Ken at painting new icons. But I'm learning by imitation. The Flash Drive Icon Images are all hand painted by me.

All the icons posted here will also be available as a single archive for download on AROS Archives.

For today I'm working on Colored Floppies, Colored LS120's, Colored Zip100's and Black and White Drawers. The drawer icons will each have a blue border, green border and yellow border. Other Glow border tints are possible.
Edited by miker1264 on 19-12-2023 12:46, 4 months ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 4 months ago
A good alternative for those who prefer the Amiga style!
My icons follow my own invented style, a style I find on mobile phones today Smile
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 4 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - A good alternative for those who prefer the Amiga style!
My icons follow my own invented style, a style I find on mobile phones today Smile

I like the look and feel of your icons also. The button icons and folder icons are always nice. It's good to have more than one icon style. I plan to make some button icons and colored folders.

When my Icon Press Tool is complete I intend to re-make all my PNG Icons as OS4 style icons so they can be used on Amiga OS4.

Also as an added bonus for people who have accelerated Amigas I intend to convert the 32 bit PNG images to 8 Bit images using Color Quantizing so I can use Icon Press to make 8 bit Glow Icons.

For my Icon Tools I tend to make button icons.
Edited by miker1264 on 19-12-2023 13:59, 4 months ago
Posted 4 months ago
Will the Icon Press Tool also serve to change the icon type?
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 4 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - Will the Icon Press Tool also serve to change the icon type?

Icon Press will have a cycle gadget or button to allow the user to select the icon type before saving the new icon. It won't "change" the icon type for an existing icon. That task is for another Icon Tool called "Icon Type". All these features will be included in AROS Icon Edit when it is completed. Icon Clone will be updated soon with two new buttons also to Exchange or Replace.
Edited by miker1264 on 19-12-2023 15:11, 4 months ago
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 4 months ago
More newly designed PNG Icons with new glow borders.

The black and white drawer icons each have blue, green and yellow glow borders. All the other icons in this package only have yellow.

The next batch after this will be the last one for now. (I will need to make more). There will be a few more drawer icons and some assorted icons that I've mostly made for testing tools.
Edited by miker1264 on 19-12-2023 16:18, 4 months ago
Posted 4 months ago

miker1264 wrote:

Icon Press will have a cycle gadget or button to allow the user to select the icon type before saving the new icon. It won't "change" the icon type for an existing icon. That task is for another Icon Tool called "Icon Type". All these features will be included in AROS Icon Edit when it is completed. Icon Clone will be updated soon with two new buttons also to Exchange or Replace.

Great miker you are doing a great job
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 4 months ago
Coal Black and Snow White Drawer Icons, just in time for Christmas!

Have you been naughty or nice!
Edited by miker1264 on 19-12-2023 19:37, 4 months ago
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 4 months ago
The Coal Black and Snowy White Drawer Icons have been uploaded to AROS Archives. Just in time for Christmas! Smile

The black ones are for those who have been naughty. The White ones are for everyone else.
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 4 months ago
All the new PNG Icons that I currently have finished have been uploaded to AROS Archives.

I'm working on uploading all the new window themes as well to AROS Archives for all to use.

I hope you like them. Smile
Posted 4 months ago
miker your icons are very nice, of AROS One users will have yet another set of Icons to install, it is nice that there are so many Icons and so much choice.
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 4 months ago
For those who like blue here are some nice blue backgrounds. These are 1920x1080.

It took some time to get the lettering to look good. These backgrounds will go nicely with the first complete set of colored icons (medium blue). I'm thinking of VMAros4 window theme.
Posted 4 months ago
The first one is known in the Amiga world, the second one I like.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, AMIGASYSTEM, pixie, miker1264
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 6
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]