Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

wbXcli deactivate stdc.library

Last updated on 4 months ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 4 months ago
@magorium

With the new core no longer using the "stdc.library" library, wbXcli when you run it requires the "stdc.library", could you please recompile it without requiring this library, thank you !

i would like to point out that "wbXcli" despite requiring the "stdc.library" still works fine on the new core!
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
What is wbXcli? Where can I download it/sources?
Posted 4 months ago
wbXcli is a very useful command that allows from an Icon to execute a DOS command + parameters (on AROS One it is used by a few applications), it was developed by magorium.

You can find wbXcli on Aros-archive, source is not included

http://archives.a...6-aros.zip
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
Looking at the application, it is a Pascal program. It is unlikely that it uses stdc.library as Pascal programs don't use system C library AFAIK. What can be happening is that you have association from project icon through wbXcli to some other program and that other program uses stdc.library.
Posted 4 months ago
Even if I run wbXcli from a Shell 'without any parameters', stdc.library is requested, see screenshot
You do not have access to view attachments
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
Then it has to be coming from another library/class/datatype that wbxcli is trying to open and which depends on stdc.library. See screenshot below from clean build. You need to trace which library it is and remove it from your system.
You do not have access to view attachments
Posted 4 months ago
wbxcli problem found the culprit, stdc.library was being requested by 'thread.library'

As soon as I have some time, I must check all the other 'non Build D01' libraries if any are using the suppressed libraries.
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 4 months ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - Looking at the application, it is a Pascal program. It is unlikely that it uses stdc.library as Pascal programs don't use system C library AFAIK. What can be happening is that you have association from project icon through wbXcli to some other program and that other program uses stdc.library.

You are correct there deadwood. wbXcli does not use any c related libraries other then the default (original) amiga os provided libraries.

wbXcli comes without sources on purpose because of the fact that it a) is defying/ignoring system guidelines
and b) can potentially be abused in a very bad way. Because of the way how I implemented things it is very easy to add abusing parts. wbXcli can already be used to completely mess up an otherwise perfectly ok working system. It is a very powerful tool once figured out how it works (internally).
Posted 4 months ago
Thanks magorium, solved the problem by deleting the guilty library, thanks for creating wbXcli, very useful on AROS One which uses it on some applications!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: magorium, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 7
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]