Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Irritating bug of the month - February 2024

Last updated on 2 months ago

Poll: IBOTM - February 2024

#125 (You can access a drawer icon even if the directory assigned to it does not exist) [2/13]15 %
    #120 (Incorrect Leave Out and Put away behavior if it involves icons from USB flash drive) [1/13]8 %
    #116 (Wanderer: Allow deleting by pressing Del key) [3/13]23 %
    #115 (Add an easy way to enable tethering in Network preferences) [4/13]31 %
    #105 (DiskInfo showing OFS instead of FAT) [3/13]23 %
    #25 (Shell won't open from icon that leave out) [0/13]0 %
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago
TLDR: >>>> https://github.com/deadwood2/AROS/labels/IBOTM <<<<

Here were are with another IBOTM! We continue with bug-fixing fun!

General rules are simple:

1) Bugs are selected from bugs reported > bug tracker
2) There is a poll made and community selects one bug from suggested bugs
3) I fix the bug.
4) Delay(1 month); Go To 1;

The initial list of bugs will be related to ABIv0 i386 or ABIv11 x86_64. In effect bugs specific to m68k AROS or any other AROS flavor won't be added to poll options. Bugs can be in either AROS core system or in Contrib package. Bugs need to be reproducible on clean system releases, so bugs visible only on distributions won't be included.
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 3 months ago
I voted #115 because it is very important for those who want to connect is do not have a compatible Wifi/LAN Card.

All the other bugs are also important, I hope these will also be fixed as soon as proma
cdimaurocdimauroNewbie
Posted 3 months ago
Technically a bug... is something broken which should be fixed, but the list reports also new features.
As coder, and especially as QA guy, I prefer to have bug fixed. Smile
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 3 months ago
ok voted
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago
Thanks to all who voted. If the description of any of the items on list is not clear, let me know.
Posted 3 months ago
all ok deadwood thanks
M
magoriumSoftware Dev
Posted 3 months ago
Voted for diskinfo this time because it is an actual bug (instead of an enhancement).

Seem to be problematic to list issues that are not related to Wanderer (wanting to prevent to focus deadwood on that only). Not blaming wanderer but seem that are the most mentioned/listed issues Smile

As always thank you very much for doing this deadwood :bows:.

BTW: @deadwood: in relation to two listed IBOM's (#125 and #116) I wonder if it would be an suggestion to have a optional option in the confirmation dialog that allows for the user to delete only the icon (not the program/drawer) or both ?
Edited by magorium on 29-01-2024 13:09, 3 months ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago
@magorium

Well, I guess Wanderer is the most used AROS software so people notice problems.

About your suggestion I don't know TBH. This would then have to be added to Copy and Move to be consistent but those don't have confirmation dialogs. I'd rather keep the operations simple and in case someone really wants to just delete icons, there is DOpus4 and *gasp* Shell Wink
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago
Reminder: Just one day left to vote.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago
And the voting is closed! The winner is:

#115 (Add an easy way to enable tethering in Network preferences)

Thanks to everyone for voting!
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
Hi,

I have a question to people who tested tethering on AROS.

Assuming you have correct configuration in Prefs/Network, when do you allow USB tethering on your phone?

Is it when you see AROS grub menu? Is it when AROS has already loaded?
Can you connect phone after having AROS loaded, allow USB tethering on your phone and network will start working after a few second?

Again please remember that we assume that Prefs/Network has correct configuration already (set and tested on previous boot)
Posted 2 months ago
So deadwood, I didn't understand what there should be on GRUB !

Anyway, the correct way to have an "instant" USB tethering connection without the need to reboot is this:

- Start AROS
- Connect the Mobile phone, and enable "USB tethering"
- Run Network prefs
- Delete "pcnet32" and add in its place "usbrndis.device"
- Save
That done, the Network is connected and you can use the Internet directly

On the contrary, if you configure "First" NetworkPrefs, and then connect the Mobile, you will need to reboot the system !

Keep in mind that if you do a Reset, "USB tethering" will be disabled, and you will need to re-enable it again
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
Ok, so essentially, when it comes to tethering you need to set it up in Network prefs each time you reboot. It is not like regular network drivers when where you set it once, you will have connection automatically at each boot. Correct?
Posted 2 months ago
If on Network you set "usbrndis.device" by default, when you start AROS the connection is not active, but there is a trick, just go to Network Pres and press the Save button (without changing anything), and the Network works immediately !
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
Ok, thanks
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
Here is improved Prefs/Network with new Tethering tab. Let me know if it works for you:

https://axrt.org/...6-aros.zip
Posted 2 months ago
Yes it works fine, it works directly without clicking on "USE" if the mobile phone is connected and Tethering is active in AROS start-up!

The Italian Catalog is the old one, I had corrected it, also the info in the Tethering Tab is not translated !
Posted 2 months ago
well deadwood i will try it but amigasystem already said it works thank you good implementation
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
@AMIGASYSTEM

Can you explain what do you mean that catalog is the old one? The italian catalog is the latest available from AROS main repository. Looking at the repository, the italian translation for Prefs/Network has not been updated since 2020.
Posted 2 months ago
In January I had sent to Mazze with an email the corrected version (it was not well translated), you find the Italian catalog archive HERE

Doamanda with the addition of the "USB tethering" tab has anything changed in the catalogs I attach in the archive? I don't see didfferences, also the info you added in the "USB tethering" tab is not translated.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot edit the poll in this discussion thread.
You cannot vote on the poll in this discussion thread.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: magorium, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, Amiwell79, cdimauro, Telematix
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 7
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]