Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Aros Software Promotion

Last updated on 11 days ago
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 4 months ago
Regardind WCS Alexander "Selco" write this:

I am unhappy to tell you there will be an unexpected delay.
I worked on wcs over XMas and fixed the last issue I had planned for the release. All my current DEM-conversion tests run on Amiga and also on i386- and x86_64-AROS. Especially it is possible to convert and scale dted-Files to WCS format. So it is possible to use accurate elevation data from NASA. So far so good...

But the program shows a guru when I open the render settings window. (Both AROS versions) I was focused on the DEM conversion and did not test the other parts of AROS-WCS for quite a while.
I have currently no real clue why this happens. I did not change anything in that area for ages. Commenting many DoMethod() calls prevents wcs from crashing. I suspect (without blaming anybody!) that something in the compiler or inside AROS has been changed in the meantime that either causes this error or that makes an error inside WCS visible... So currently I cannot even give you another beta version. Please don't be disappointed, the issue will be solved. But not in 2023!

happy new year

Salvatore Abbate "Amiwell"
Posted 3 months ago
a primordial gui for dvdauthor still does not work
You do not have access to view attachments
Posted 3 months ago
in a few days Alexander will publish on aminet WCS solved with the problems there will be an x86 and x86_64 versionCool
Posted 3 months ago
i.ibb.co/y0CkVT7/Senza-titolo-1.jpg

i.ibb.co/jh4JZHP/Canyon000.jpg
Edited by Amiwell79 on 29-01-2024 11:52, 3 months ago
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 3 months ago
That looks like a really interesting application.

Nice work!
Posted 3 months ago
many thanks Miker Alexander did a great job in portingSmile
Edited by Amiwell79 on 29-01-2024 19:18, 3 months ago
Posted 3 months ago
the porting brought new software improvements more than the original version
Posted 3 months ago
I asked Alexander if he could make a mini-guide for the use of the software because it is not very intuitive if you would also like to donate it is all welcome

https://tinyaros....
Posted 3 months ago
the next step is to bring a rendering software Alexander asked me about lightwave but unfortunately it is a commercial programme and you cannot get the sources
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago
It's good to see new software being available for AROS. Thanks @Amiwell79 for organizing that.
Posted 3 months ago
Thank you DeadwoodSmile
Posted 3 months ago
I contact the programmers and if I'm lucky someone answers and helps me I make donations to help with the portingSmile
Posted 3 months ago
at this point since Miker is working on a raytracing programme I will look into other software to bring, in the meantime I will have a nice mini guide made for WCS too
J
Jeff1138Junior Member
Posted 3 months ago
Hi,

For WCS, there a small one here

http://www.bertin...20Set.html
Posted 3 months ago
Thanks JeffSmile
Posted 3 months ago
This is the v2.031 release of WCS Alexander has other ideas to make the software even more performant will work on it further

https://www.adriv...i-aros.zip
Edited by Amiwell79 on 05-02-2024 18:25, 3 months ago
M
miker1264Software Dev
Posted 3 months ago
We need software like FryingPan or Cinnamon Writer. Cinnamon Office?
Posted 3 months ago
a program to create documents is already there is RNOPublisher the author of cinnamon writer I haven't developed it for a long time, Alexander is worrying about WCS, I should contact a programmer who long ago developed a spreadsheet for amiga classic however it is not compatible with the new document standards, I don't know anyone else there would be sources of ignition another spreadsheet, of that there are sources for the new document formats excel and libreoffice, I wouldn't know where to turn to my list of programmers has been exhaustedSad
Posted 3 months ago
on wcs archive there is a quick guide
Posted 3 months ago
miker as far as the office suite is concerned beebase is an open source cross-platform database, leu is a spreadsheet viewer, rnopublisher is a great tool for creating pdf documents lacks a spreadsheet and there are ready sources this is ignition
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, retrofaza, Amiwell79, miker1264, jPV, Jeff1138
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 6
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]