Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS One x86 Work In Progress

Last updated on 15 minutes ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 5 months ago
I have associated AmiFox with OpenURL requests, a tool used by Amiga/AROS Software to direct you to their site for any updates or news.

I would say that it is very fast and very practical to download the software, I made a small video showing the functionality of AmiFox !!!

In the attached video test, the PerCMan software once expired automatically redirects you to its site to get info and download the updated version

AmiFox: Tutorial Video
Posted 5 months ago
Juan Carlos is currently updating all his softwarEs, which you will find in the next version 2.3 of AROS one, among them is AnimWebConverter, other reviews will follow.

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/animwebconverter.jpg
Posted 5 months ago
New version 3.0 of Videntium Picta, is picture and animation viewer

License: Emailware

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/videntium_picta.jpg
Posted 5 months ago
By Christmas I should be able to distribute the new version 2.3 of AROS One, there are a lot of new features in this release, updated Core, new software and a lot of updated software.

In addition I have created new configurations and completed the 4 Icon Sets, as always installable through a simple click, there are now almost a thousand of them.

Among the novelties of AROS One v2.3 there is the presence of 3 new Directories located in "Extras" it's about "Benchmarks", "DemoEffects" and "DemoScene", see screenshot, it's about a lot of very good Demo on RTG screen, many of them came from Amiga world.

i.ibb.co/rf90ZBY/Demos.jpg
pixiepixieJunior Member
Posted 5 months ago
That's really well handcrafted design you got here AMIGASYSTEM, congrats!
Posted 5 months ago
Thank you pixie, the graphic aspect is very important to me, one more reason to bring new and old Aros users together, to some extent this is happening, many entries on the various forums are attracted by the beautiful graphics.
Posted 5 months ago
AROS One v2.3 is online, would anyone like to test a preview of the Image USB version? I am interested to know if the installation on Hardisk works
R
retrofazaJunior Member
Posted 5 months ago
Ok, where is link?
Posted 5 months ago
R
retrofazaJunior Member
Posted 5 months ago
I can confirm that the installation on HDD runs smoothly.
Tested on ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 (recommended hardware).

Unfortunately, it still does not detect the nouveau driver when we select native mode in grub (first option).

See screenshot.

Despite updating to the latest ABIv0, the error known from 2.2 remains
On a clean ABIv0 there are no problems with this.
retrofaza attached the following image:
screen.jpg
Posted 5 months ago
Can you remind me which one it was the error known from 2.2
R
retrofazaJunior Member
Posted 5 months ago
"Unfortunately, it still does not detect the nouveau driver when we select native mode in grub (first option)."
Posted 5 months ago

retrofaza wrote:

@retrofaza - "Unfortunately, it still does not detect the nouveau driver when we select native mode in grub (first option)."

But with the final 'AROS ABIv0 20211128-1', is the nouveau detected?
On AROS One v2.3 this new Build has been integrated!
R
retrofazaJunior Member
Posted 5 months ago
Yes, with the final 'AROS ABIv0 20211128-1' the nouveau is detected.
Posted 5 months ago
Strange, I'll check all the files now, maybe if you have time to confirm try recreating a Live Pendrive with AROS ABIv0 20211128, and see if nouveau is detected

https://github.co...20211128-1
R
retrofazaJunior Member
Posted 5 months ago
AMIGASYSTEM, maybe you can also update the Polish translation in your distro, because the current one is very old. The new translation is here, just overwrite the "polish" directory.

https://arosnews..../download/
Posted 4 months ago
Double video on AROS One v2.3 created by Mattson, the first largely dedicated to the Audio Software, the second to Demo Effects and Demo Scenes.

The stability of AROS despite so much software running at the same time is highlighted.

https://youtu.be/...F51IDvS13I

https://youtu.be/...C0FCcKwXsM
Posted 4 months ago
Improved Datatypes Descriptor, now on Wanderer but also on Dopus4 it is possible to display all system fonts, both TueTypes fonts and Bitmap fonts with a single click.

The icons are of course not real, but those preset by the system, the famous Def_Icon automatically assigned to files that do not have an icon.

With Workbench 3x and 4x and Ambient MOS, on a default system, it is not possible to display fonts by clicking on them.

In any case, these descriptors could also be used on these systems, provided they have a font viewer!

Note that on AROS the Font.datatypes does not exist (sources can be found on Aminet)

i.ibb.co/3NTrksv/Fonts.jpg
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following image:
fonts.jpg
Posted 4 months ago
i.ibb.co/xFVF3bj/Descrittori-Immagini.jpg

Also for Images I created or added new Datatypes Descriptors, now the extensions you see listed are recognised "even without an extension" by Wanderer (Workbench) and Dopus4 (on Dopus4 even though it has an internal descriptor, they are used to recognise some file types without an extension that need an active Datatypes on the system)

WEBP, SVG, XBM, XPM, PPM, BMP, TGA, GIF, ILBM, JPG, PCX, PNG, TIFF

Also these Datatypes Descriptors could be used by OS3 and OS4, also for these formats some default Descriptors are not available. For MOS, as mentioned, they are no good since it uses Ambient, which includes Dopus5 Magellan-style Descriptors internally.

I will soon complete the Descriptors for Music Files, Video, Archive, Text and other formats that might be of interest.
Posted 4 months ago
From Contrib, installed on AROS One 2.4 MeMeter, is a very, very simple, systemfriendly program to see how much free memory is left + the fragmentation of it in a way that makes sense and with a much hi refreshrate than the the 'numbers in the WB, and it is possible to reset the Ram consumption of the individual application to ferify it!

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/memeter.jpg
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following image:
memeter.jpg
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 6
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]