Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS ABIv0 20220318 Development [CLOSED]

Last updated on 1 month ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 3 months ago
Thanks deadwood, with this version "C library" is now possible to compile freely with GCC ?
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago
Hmm, 99% yes, but let's give it a few more days in case someone spots any regression with existing software (like the problems with ComicOn or ModRadio)
Posted 3 months ago
Ok, no problem before Distributing AROS One v2.4 there will be first all the testing of all the software included on AROS one !
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago
Hopefully you can do these tests already with RC1 build. If there are some major regressions, this is the last moment to find them.
A
Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 3 months ago
owb works fine I no longer have the certificate problem I am testing the new build on an acer aspire 5630
Posted 3 months ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - Hopefully you can do these tests already with RC1 build. If there are some major regressions, this is the last moment to find them.

I always test with all Builds, I don't like to Distribute AROS One "Experimental" or with Software that doesn't work !

First I wanted to test the Software with old "Known" and already reported problems (Software not present on AROS One).

CAMD/PlayMF = Guru (Path Extras/Misc/aminet/CAMD/PlayMF)
Demo Mindlapse = File "Julia" and "Mandelbrot" Guru (Path Extras/Demos/GL/Mindlapse)

FileMaster = Some Request has corrupted text (See screenshot) (Path Extras/Misc/aminet/FileMaster)
FileX = Shareware program, on Aminet updated version (General Public License) (Path Extras/Misc/aminet/FileX)

DTConvert = Never Worked (Path Extras/Misc/aminet/DTConvert) (Path Extras/Misc/aminet/DTConvert)

MystiCube = Never worked (Path Extras/Multimedia/GFX/MystiCube)

Regina = Known problems with the files "Animal.rexx" and "builtin.rexx"

Installer = Never worked (On AROS One I use InstallerLG)

FixFonts = What is it for? if you click there are no messages

Catalonian and Catalan = They are duplicates of the same country, one must be eliminated !

owb-1.26.i386-aros = Font "Carbon" is always present on Google "search" (See screenshot)
It is solved if you install the font Arial.ttf on your system ( Font Carbon disappears from Google)
You do not have access to view attachments
R
retrofazaJunior Member
Posted 3 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

FixFonts = What is it for? if you click there are no messages

FixFonts is used to update bitmap fonts. If you change something in the bitmap font drawer (e.g., in the "arial" drawer) then after using FixFonts the corresponding .font file will update (e.g., "arial.font" ).
Edited by retrofaza on 02-02-2024 02:21, 3 months ago
Posted 3 months ago
Thanks retrofaza, tested and it works !
Posted 3 months ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - In normal boot you need to press 'e' at Grub, the add bootmenu to command line and press CTRL+x

I don't know why it does not work on VMWare, but please try it on real hardware.

Discovered on WMware how to make the Keyboard work on the Grub, basically when the Grub window is active, to make the keyboard work you have to press the "Win" key which activates the keyboard, works both left and right.

Now I can integrate in the GRUB Menu an entry to directly start Eary Startup Smile
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago
@AMIGASYSTEM

PlayMF, Filemaster and FIleX I will invastigate at some point: https://github.co...issues/129

Julia, Mandelbrot -> you need to have 512000 stack

MysticCube -> works for me, see screenshot

Rest won't be invastigated
A
Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 3 months ago
I have noticed that the zune interface has improved a lot in appearance
Posted 3 months ago
Ok thanks deadwood, Julia, Mandelbrot -> with 512000 stacks work fine, I had tried to raise the Stack, but I had stopped at lower values !

MysticCube -> Tested on your Build, on VMware, VirtualBox and PCs with VESA and Native Card, but never worked, only window opens, see screenshot

Strange on AMiGA it works fine on all OS !
Posted 3 months ago
Demo "InfPlane" goes to Guru if run multiple times, see screenshot, i used a 512000 Stack (with low stack it goes to Guru immediately).
contrib/Extras/Demos/InfPlane

On the GL Demos I had to increase the Stack to 512000, and correct Tooltypes Icon (Removed CLI, before it was needed)
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago
@AMIGASYSTEM

Has InfPlane worked on previous release of AROS?

Additional: Have you been already able to go through testing of third party software (from AROS Archives not from contrib) in your distribution or are you planning to do so next week?
Posted 3 months ago
I think I will finish all the testing of all the software (Contrib+third parts) of AROS One in a couple of days.

Tested InfPlane with my old distributions and encountered the same problem, InfPlane will be removed from my Distribution.

At the moment all is fine I'm encountering some problems only on the Demos, for example the Demo "Bump" opens the annoying Shell "CON" (before it didn't happen) see screenshot

contrib/Extras/Demos/kdp/Bump
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago
Thanks, I'll then wait until you finish testing before making the release public.
Posted 3 months ago
Mp3Gain = Guru (Increased stack but Guru continues) Previous build worked fine
http://archives.a...6-aros.lha

TinySidSDL = Guru (Increased stack but Guru continues) Previous build worked fine
http://archives.a...l.i386.zip

TinySid Standard = It works well
http://archives.a...6-aros.rar

Metaball = Error "out of memory" (Also present in previous Builds)
contrib/Extras/Demos/Metaballs

PowerZoom = Error "Cant' open Picture !" (Also present in previous Builds)
contrib/Extras/Demos/PowerZoom

RubberStrings = Error "out of memory" (Also present in previous Builds)
contrib/Extras/Demos/RubberStrings

Continued .....
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago
@AMIGASYSTEM

For contrib Demos I created a bug report: https://github.co...issues/130

Mp3gain and TinySidSDL need 128000 of stack. If you run them from Shell, they will work correctly. When ran from Wanderer they will indeed show error about stack while this was not in in previous release. I need to investigate this.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago
Ok, I located the source of problems with tinysid and mp3gain. Here is a bug report:

https://github.com/deadwood2/AROS/issues/131

Since those tools are command line tools anyhow and the crash happens only when started from Wanderer, I won't be fixing this problem in this release.
Posted 3 months ago
Thanks deadwood, regarding DOS programs, on AROS One I have a Folder named DOS-Tools which includes all DOS applications, each application has its associated Icon, when the icon is executed a Shell will show info on how to use the program, to MP3gain and TinySidSDL I have associated a small script which will give the same result, see screenshot.

MP3gain and TinySidSDL, can be used and will be replaced future when corrected
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: serk118uk, magorium, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, pixie, retrofaza, Amiwell79, miker1264, Gundam
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 3
Members Online 0

Total Members: 230
Newest Member: Gundam1
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]