Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS ABIv0 20220318-1 Support

Last updated on 2 months ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 3 months ago

Amiwell79 wrote:

@Amiwell79 - deadwood dt2thumb do not works at moment used an old release and works

dt2thumb works fine, no problem creating thumbnails
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago
Ok, I pushed changes to the repository. From next release, TheBar in contrib will be updated.
Posted 3 months ago
deadwood can you compile a script so that it transfers to an executable ?
I ask this because scripts with "S" flag will not work on FAT32 and DVD !
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago
I'm not aware of any way of doing this. However running scripts work, at least on ISOs. Startup-Sequnce is a script as well as User-Startup.

Have you tried "Execute <script>" command?
Posted 3 months ago
Yes I always use execute "Script," but if you add the "S" flag, you don't need to use the Execute command, because it will still be used in a hidden manienra.

I am not referring to ordinary scripts like the startup sequence, but you have text files with the Flag "S", they basically work like .Bat files on Windows.

Any amigados script can be run if you add the "S" flag.

I made a small video showing what I mean, I used a Shell but you can run the script as an executable even from Wanderer !

And unfortunately on FAT32 and CDFilesystem the "S" flag is not supported !

That's why I was asking if you could compile the scripts, on OS3, OS4 and MOS there should be, I also remember that there is an amiga program "Picture To EXE", which converts a picture to an executable
You do not have access to view attachments
Posted 3 months ago
Today I tried installing AROS One 2.4 from Pendrive by adding the "S" flag to a text file (script), fiinished the installation I noticed that on the Hardisk the "S" flag had disappeared.

It seems that InstallAROS deletes the Flags during the copy phase, this should not happen because if there are scripts with the "S" flag in the system, these files once installedat would no longer work.

I don't remember reporting the ghost "icons" problem on Wanderer, that if you try to delete them, instead of being deleted they multiply, it is solved only if you delete the .backdrop file

Ghost icons appear for example when the .backdrop file is linked to a file that is no longer on the system.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - Today I tried installing AROS One 2.4 from Pendrive by adding the "S" flag to a text file (script), fiinished the installation I noticed that on the Hardisk the "S" flag had disappeared.

It seems that InstallAROS deletes the Flags during the copy phase, this should not happen because if there are scripts with the "S" flag in the system, these files once installedat would no longer work.

I created a new bug report: https://github.com/deadwood2/AROS/issues/136

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

I don't remember reporting the ghost "icons" problem on Wanderer, that if you try to delete them, instead of being deleted they multiply, it is solved only if you delete the .backdrop file

Ghost icons appear for example when the .backdrop file is linked to a file that is no longer on the system.

I added this to existing bug report: https://github.com/deadwood2/AROS/issues/25
Posted 2 months ago
deadwood you could update the "ZIP" command included in the contrib, basically the ZIP command only compresses files and does not compress folders !
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
@AMIGASYSTEM

You need to add -r switch, for example:

zip -r ram:classes.zip sys:classes/#?

I tested this on AROS One 2.4
Posted 2 months ago
Ok it works I updated Dopus4, I was using the parameter -9
Posted 2 months ago
deadwoo, I would like to report that Sonos Controller if exited from RAM causes a Guru, if run from HD it seems not to happen, I attach screenshot of the Guru !
You do not have access to view attachments
Posted 2 months ago
Sonos Controller works very well on AROS One 2.4, Michael Rupp developer of the software, installed AROS One 2.4 and tested Sonos Controller with a compatible apparcchirura and it seems to work very well, you can see some of its functions by THIS screenshot of him..

Michael Rupp is also the developer of TAWS site where you can virtually test many OS Amigani, including my early versions of AfA One and AROS One

deadwood if you have time, on ae.arosworld.org there are some posts to answer !
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 2 months ago
a small problem I can no longer record with audioevolution at least I have tried three different computers the sound card is compatible
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
Which driver are you using and is there program simpler than Audioevolution where I can test recording?
Also do you remember the last version of system where recording was working?
Edited by deadwood on 29-02-2024 02:30, 2 months ago
Posted 2 months ago
deadwood, with Audioevolution I have never been able to record, I don't know whether in Driver problem or incompatible hardware, Recording doesn't work even with QuickRecord the application !

http://archives.a...6-aros.zip
Posted 2 months ago
I managed to register I will try installing icaros desktop deadwood
Posted 2 months ago
I don't know why you can no longer record, the driver is hdaudio deadwood
Edited by Amiwell79 on 29-02-2024 08:55, 2 months ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago
@Amiwell79

Ok, please let me know in which older version recording via hdaudio is working. Here you can find all previous releases:

https://axrt.org/...d/aros/v0/
Posted 2 months ago
I tried icaros desktop doesn't work with it either
Posted 2 months ago
deadwood on Aminet new Codesets version 6.22 is out, AROS x86 version is not working, generate Guru !

http://aminet.net...esets-6.22
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, Amiwell79
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 9
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]