The download of TinyAROS Ultimate v1 i386 is available, mainly for netbooks but it works fine on other computers too, because I've been using it and it's pleasant to use. It takes up little space, and if you upgrade to a bigger battery, it can be used on the go. The Wanderer theme is the same as Icaros' latest version; only the logo in the bar changes, which is nice. I'm putting the distribution link here because I'm having problems with my website. Slovo isn't the latest version and needs to be downloaded separately. Installation is simple: burn the latest Deadwood build from the archive, copy the distribution files onto a USB stick, load the ISO, install it, insert the USB, and overwrite everything. At this point, you can reboot.
Updated
ArosTCP
The netbooks I tested are the Samsung NC10(no ethernet)and the Acer Aspire One ZG5 AOA 100
The netbook models tested are the Samsung NC 10, which only lacks support for the Ethernet port, while the Acer Aspire One ZG5, ZG5 AOA150 is fully supported.
Edited by Amiwell79 on 23-09-2026 19:19, 17 days ago
The next release of TinyAros will be called the Ultimate Edition for netbooks because I like these devices, and also they are guaranteed to have a much longer-lasting battery than the original. From my website, you will be able to download the base ISO image with only OWB and the latest updates. Separately, you will be able to download games and applications. Third-party developers who want to support it in the future with games and apps are welcome
On my site, you can find the i386 version with the additional packages, it already includes all the best software that has come out over the years. The x86_64 version isn't worth using; I'm waiting until September for the new build, which will have updated Nvidia drivers, USB 3, and other updates like the TCP stack.
I apologize to you, but I can't make the full ISO and I didn't understand why. Anyway, it's not hard to install everything; you have to do two steps: first install the build, meaning the plain, raw ISO, and then overwrite the complete system. I apologize again for the inconvenience.
As soon as the X86_64 build is available, I will release a new version of tiny AROS that will only have the essential software; you can then download from the archives whatever interests you in the end, and tiny.
I am waiting for the release of new builds with the new GL driver and to insert the new game packs into my site, thanking Retrofaza and also Deadwood, everyone who appreciates it
I tried the services you mentioned, but they don't work. Among other things, I'm using 32-bit Aros because with OWB at 64 bit I can copy and paste the links I need. I'm also using an Acer Aspire One ZG5. Thank you, all the best.
Edited by Amiwell79 on 27-02-2026 21:03, 7 months ago
Don't worry about that @Amiwell79 . It is difficult to find services that AROS is able to work with.
I hope you don't mind me having stored your distribution somewhere else as I can imagine it interfering with possible statistics.
Although also only a temporary filehost service, does https://www.sendg... work for you with AROS ? (please ignore the requests for filling in informational details because all can be skipped).
It could perhaps be a good alternative for transfer.it (which I assume does not work well with AROS).
The link to the two TinyAROS zipfiles is located here
If you view the contents of the link then you can select an individual zipfile from it if that has your preference.
I did not use an account for uploading so the link stays active for maximal 90 days and do note that if transfer.it is busy it will also limit the download speed (in which case try another moment to download as in my experience those dowload speed limits are usually short-lived but can sometimes last a couple of hours)
It seems that ADrive limits itself to 300-400kbps per download so there is nothing wrong with your connection AMIGASYSTEM, it is just limiting the download-speed. I had the additional issue that just before finishing the second download halted 2 times so had to redo the download again because ADrive also does not seem to support to resume a download.
Please feel free to let me know in case this link does not work for you (in which case I try to find another file-host that allows an anonymous upload)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum. You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum. You cannot reply in this discussion thread. You cannot start on a poll in this forum. You cannot upload attachments in this forum. You can download attachments in this forum.