Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS One x86 Work In Progress

Last updated on 2 days ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 2 months ago
Due to some requests from users and developers I have created a Lite Version of AROS One, this version anticipates the release of AROS One v2.5, which if there will be no news also from Rufus, soon will be distributed the Complete version both in ISO and USB Image format.

This ISO Lite is complete with everything, it includes the new Core with the latest updates and fixes, to make it smaller 419 MB Zipped, 836 MB uncompressed, I removed Development and many third-party software from the Extras folder.

Among the important new features of AROS One 2.5, you'll find the possibility to delete highlighted files and folders with the CANC key, added on GRUB "EarlyStartup" where from the prompt you can just type "uCommander" where from its menu you can directly access Dopus4 or a Text Editor, needed for maintenance when for some reason AROS doesn't boot.

Those who download AROS One Lite and encounter problems or anomalies can report them here

AROS One Lite v2.5: Download
Posted 2 months ago
After a period of testing, Loview 2024 is now available on AROS One v2.5

These days I am also testing Clock-Calendar, an Alarm Clock written in Hollywood!
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - Due to some requests from users and developers I have created a Lite Version of AROS One

I tested it under VirtualBox with 2 partition setup and installation went ok. I also did some browsing with OWB - also working correctly.

Thanks for this lite version. Question: Do you plan on having a separate "Development" package/archive so that is someone is interested they can easily upgrade their installation to one having development tools?
Posted 2 months ago
The Full version of AROS One v2.5 that will be released in a few days will include everything, for the Lite version maybe if requested I can make an update with Development and extras! Thanks for trying AROS One Lite!
Posted 2 months ago
After "Tre Sette" (Three Sevens) yet another famous Italian card game is 'Scopa'!

https://youtu.be/...
TemplarioTemplarioJunior Member
Posted 2 months ago
The OWB spanish catalog is missing, but the catalog from MorphOS works fine, do you want it?
Posted 2 months ago
Thank you, from the OWB MOS Catalog in addition to the Catalog of Spain I have also recovered the Catalog of France, Turkey and the Czec..

While waiting for your programme "WitchCleaner", given the many files produced by OWB in the Cache, i created a small script that with one click deletes all the files in the Cache folder, see screenshot !

Changed GRUB's screen resolution, now set to 640 x 480, also improved uCommander support running from 'Early Startup'.

Also seen some user requests, added ClickToFront in WBstartup, handy for moving between folders with one click.

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/owb_9.jpg
Argo, mattson62, Templario
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following image:
owb_9.jpg
Posted 2 months ago
Due to the difficulty encountered by some users, I have recreated a Step-by-Step Video Tutorial showing how to create the Mountlist (DOSDriver SMB2), it is a few simple steps, the procedure is identical on OS3 and OS4, to share Network Drives and Shared Folders from Windows, Linux or other OS with AROS, OS3 and OS4.

Talking about AROS One Sharing with Network Drives and Shared Folders can be done either if AROS One is natively installed on a PC or installed on VMware (it is not supported by VirtualBox and Quemu), one of the reasons why I strongly recommend using VMware as a Virtual Machine.

This is the new Video Tutorial on how SMB2 allows you to share a Network Drive, all the steps to create Mountlist (DOSDrivers), the various ways to mount and unmount and restart a share.

SMB2: Creating, Mounting, Unmounting SMB2
Posted 2 months ago
Well, the new version exclusive for AROS clean the Cache, I don't see that folder because the MorphOS version hasn't it, IBrowse has a similar folder also called Cache although in this browser are other folders made instead of simple cache files like in AROS.
Also clean the ****.cache-4 file that is exclusive in AROS.
Posted 2 months ago
Also the best to remake the AROS version have beeb to found an old bug with OWB path.
Posted 2 months ago
Successfully completed test of WitchCleaner By Templario, WitchCleaner has been installed on AROS One "Internet" folder, you will find it available on AROS One v2.5 which will be released soon in the usual version complete with all third-party software and Development!

AROS One v2.5 will include as always new software and new updates which will be listed in the News !

On AROS One I have removed the Icons archive (4 types) that are available on an external package, the same thing will happen for SDL Games and 3D Games, this is to avoid enlarging the ISO too much, and because these games are more suitable for owners of supported Native Video Card.

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/witchcleaner.jpg
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following image:
witchcleaner.jpg
D
DerekJunior Member
Posted 2 months ago
Hi,

I find the configuration of the SMB2 connection very easy to do, my Eeepc Netbook boots up, connects to WIFI and I manually connect to a Samba share on a Linux Raid server. All works very nicely.

I wondered if I could auto mount the Samba Share on power up.

So I added the mount command: Mount SMB2: to the userstartup script.

Which produced an error, as the WIFI connection process had not completed the connection. So the Samba share could not be found.

I assume the Userstartup is the wront place for the SMB2 mount.

Can anyone help?
Edited by Derek on 27-05-2024 13:23, 2 months ago
N
ntromansJunior Member
Posted 2 months ago

Derek wrote:

@Derek - Hi,

I find the configuration of the SMB2 connection very easy to do, my Eeepc Netbook boots up, connects to WIFI and I manually connect to a Samba share on a Linux Raid server. All works very nicely.

I wondered if I could auto mount the Samba Share on power up.

So I added the mount command: Mount SMB2: to the userstartup script.

Which produced an error, as the WIFI connection process had not completed the connection. So the Samba share could not be found.

I assume the Userstartup is the wront place for the SMB2 mount.

Can anyone help?

You could launch the share from a seperate script, launched asynchronously from the user-startup via:

run execute script-name

Then before the mout SMB2: command put:

waitforport AROSTCP
wait x secs

where the AROSTCP port name is case sensitive and x is the number of seconds to wait for the wifi connection to initialise after AROSTCP is launched.

Cheers,
Nigel.
Posted 2 months ago
@ntromans

If you have to create a script, better to click on the icon (SMB2) you can put wherever you want, on Wanderer or on the ToolBar of Amistart, watch this video of mine (final part of the video):

https://www.youtu...e=youtu.be
Posted 2 months ago
@Derek

The time it takes to connect can vary from PC to PC, on VMware I can do the SMB2 Auto-Connect.

If you want to do some tests with WiFi, don't use the User-Startup, but use the WBstartup, inside this folder copy SMB2 and SMB2.info, but be careful, in the Tooltypes you have to add this parameter:

TOOLPRI=-127

This parameter on Amiga OS3.9 is built into the Icon Tooltypes, on AROS you have to add it manually, values range from +127 to -127

On VMware it also works with the User-Startup but the command to add is this:

WBRun SYS:Storage/DOSDrivers/SMB2

WBRun runs SMB2 including Tootypes oparameters!

If the first method does not work on your PC, I use this method on an ACER Aspire One Z5 WiFi Netbook:

- Copy SMB2 + Icon in Devs/DOSDrivers, in this case the mount will work but will not be visible on Wanderer, to make the Shared Volume visible, you have to send SMB2: from a Shell or from Dopus4.

On Dopus4 you can create a Drives SMB2, then just click to see the shared volume

Actually the Activate parameter that you find in the Mountlist, but can also be put in the Icon Tooltypes should be used to show the share on Wanderer, but this does not happen by Devs/DOSDrivers with AROS, nor with OS3 and OS4.
N
ntromansJunior Member
Posted 2 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - @ntromans

If you have to create a script, better to click on the icon (SMB2) you can put wherever you want, on Wanderer or on the ToolBar of Amistart, watch this video of mine (final part of the video):

https://www.youtu...e=youtu.be

I think Derek can launch the share manually fine, they just wanted to automatically do this at startup but this was failing due to the network not being initialised quickly enough; the script sugested would just wait until the network is up and running before starting the share but would still be automatic following boot.

Putting into Devs:dosdrivers... will that wait for the network connection or do these try to start during boot? They're mounted pretty early in the startup-sequence so I htink it might have the same issue of trying to mount before the network is ready.

Cheers,
Nigel.
Posted 2 months ago

ntromans wrote:

@ntromans

Putting into Devs:dosdrivers... will that wait for the network connection or do these try to start during boot?

SMB2 from Devs:DOSDrivers is mounted regularly without errors, you just have to activate it, to do this as mentioned just type SMB: somewhere and hit enter, you can also do this with Dopus4 by creating a Tab in Drives.

However, I have found a permanent solution where mounting is done automatically :)

- Copy SMB2 + Icon to Devs:DOSDrivers (no parameter in Tooltypes is needed)
- Create a Script + Icon to copy in WBStartup, in Tooltypes Icon Add C:IconX

In the script you have to write this:

Wait 5
SMB2:

Now the Assembly will be activated after 5 Seconds !

If you still have errors, increase the wait time to Wait 10, 15 etc..
N
ntromansJunior Member
Posted 2 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM -

SMB2 from Devs:DOSDrivers is mounted regularly without errors, you just have to activate it, to do this as mentioned just type SMB: somewhere and hit enter, you can also do this with Dopus4 by creating a Tab in Drives.

However, I have found a permanent solution where mounting is done automatically :)

- Copy SMB2 + Icon to Devs:DOSDrivers (no parameter in Tooltypes is needed)
- Create a Script + Icon to copy in WBStartup, in Tooltypes Icon Add C:IconX

In the script you have to write this:

Wait 5
SMB2:

Now the Assembly will be activated after 5 Seconds !

If you still have errors, increase the wait time to Wait 10, 15 etc..

Looks like it will do the job :)

if the time delay to the server is variable the following script can be used; it will keep looping around until the server can be succesfully pinged. The echo line scould of course be removed if this is preferred to be quiet.

Cheets,
Nigel.

waitforport AROSTCP
lab TRY_AGAIN
   echo "Trying server..."
   ping -c 1 [insert server ip address] >t:temp_ping
   list t:temp_ping lformat %L > env:ping
   delete t:temp_ping quiet
   if "200" GT $ping
      echo "Not mounted..."
      skip TRY_AGAIN back
   else
      mount from sys:system/dosdrivers/SMB2
      echo "Mounted"
   endif

Edit: as noted below, SMB2: must not already be mounted so needs to be in sys:storage/dosdrivers rather than devs:dosdrivers; corrected in above code.
Edited by ntromans on 28-05-2024 17:12, 2 months ago
Posted 2 months ago
@ntromans
Your script does not work, the Ping command not an incorrect parameter, did you try it ?

@Derek
My method described above also works perfectly on AROS Native on PC, successfully tested on the small Netbook ACER Aspire One Z5, Wait 05 is more than sufficient and I think it works fine on any PC
N
ntromansJunior Member
Posted 2 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - @ntromans
Your script does not work, the Ping command not an incorrect parameter, did you try it ?

Hmm, yes, I have tried it; this is on an AROSOne 2.2 install (I'm actually in the process of moving to 2.5). If I type:

ping -c 1 192.168.0.1 >t:temp_ping

I get (in t:temp_ping):

PING 192.168.0.1 (192.168.0.1): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.0.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=2 ms

--- 192.168.0.1 ping statistics ---
1 packets transmitted, 1 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 2/2/2 ms

The version of ping I'm using is 3.10 - has it changed in the newer AROSOne?

Cheers,
Nigel.
Edited by ntromans on 28-05-2024 14:26, 2 months ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 6
Members Online 3
ntromans, Amiwell79, retrofaza

Total Members: 243
Newest Member: fred410
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]