Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS One x86 Work In Progress

Last updated on 2 days ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 2 months ago

ntromans wrote:

@ntromans
Hi Amigasystem,
Yes, multilple deletion should be possible. Hopefully I'll have that ready for early next week.

Cheers,
Nigel.

Excellent!
Posted 2 months ago
Added 'AROSDebugView' in the 'Debug' folder, hope this is useful!

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/aros_debug.jpg
AMIGASYSTEM attached the following image:
aros_debug.jpg
Posted 1 month ago
Installato su AROS (Extras/DOS-Tools) One FIGlet, program that creates large characters out of ordinary screen characters !

Created Datatypes descriptor for automatic association with FigFonts (.flf)

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/figlet.jpg
figlet.jpg
N
ntromansJunior Member
Posted 1 month ago
Please find attached the new version of Delete_Icon. Changes since the first version:

• Now can delete multiple icons at once either through drag-and-drop on AppWindow. drag-and-drop on icon in Amistart or from the shell. Note this has meant changes in how it's used from the shell and Amistart - please see included guide.
  • Amigaguide instructions in English, Italian, Spanish, French and German*
  • Catalogs included for Italian, Spanish, French and German*
  • Summary instructions for use available from AppWindow menu and an argumant of '?' or '-h' from shell.

*Plese note translations are via AmiTranslate and so may not be entirely accurate. I've inlcuded the .cd (in the English drawer) and .ct localisation files so anyone wishes to edit please feel free.

Cheers,
Nigel.
ntromans attached the following file:
delete_icon_2.zip [81.61kB / 73 Downloads]
Posted 1 month ago
Perfect ntromans, I like the animation, I created the Icons for the programme, Catalog and Guide Documents !

The complete Delete_Icons folder has been installed in SYS:System, if there are no major changes in the Core, Delete_Icons along with the latest updates will be distributed with AROS One 2.5 Update 1 which you can install conveniently via InstallerLG

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/deleteicons.jpg
Edited by AMIGASYSTEM on 11-06-2024 17:50, 1 month ago
deleteicons.jpg
Posted 1 month ago
For AmiStart created new Icons on the vertical bar, see screenshot, now have better visibility.
The style is the one used for AROS One 68k, but in the future it may also become the default icon for AROS One x86.

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/amistart_1.jpg
Templario, retrofaza, ntromans
amistart_1.jpg
Posted 1 month ago
New Descriptors were created and others improved, now the most common Floppy, CD-DVD, HD and HardFile images are recognised by Wanderer even if the files have no extension.

Of course if anyone is interested in a particular Descriptor for a particular file format, and having an associated Def_Icon, they can request one.

Regarding Floppy Images (.IMG) and HD Images (.IMG), despite the same extension, the Workbench will know which Def_Icon and which tool to use, see screenshot

Of course, these Descriptors also work perfectly on AMiGA OS3 and OS4.

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/descrittori_1.jpg
Edited by AMIGASYSTEM on 26-06-2024 04:23, 1 month ago
descrittori_1.jpg
O
OlafSchMember
Posted 31 days ago
looks really nice Amigasystem
Posted 24 days ago
An exclusive gift to all AROS One users from developer Juan Carlos !

The final version of "Pintor Wb" has been released. Compared to the previous version, this new release includes improvements and a few more effects/filters.

Pintor Wb comes with a manual that includes practical examples of what the application can do, and unlike the version uploaded to the AROS archives, the AROS One version includes a few extra features and the registration key that unlocks the option to save images

Of course, those who do not use AROS One can make a personal request for the registration key directly to the developer as described in the manual.

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/pintorweb.jpg
Argo, miker1264, Templario
pintorweb.jpg
kantraakantraaNewbie
Posted 20 days ago
Hey man, i think AROS One is really neat and I would like to use it but no matter what I do neither the live USB or DVD boots on my system (Lenovo Yoga 330-11IGM). So far I have tried:

- Flashing the VHD on my SanDisk Cruzer Blade using DD
- Flashing the VHD on my SanDisk Cruzer Blade using Balena Etcher
- Flashing the VHD on a random unbranded USB I have using DD
- Flashing the VHD on a random unbranded USB I have using DD
- Flashing the ISO on my SanDisk Cruzer Blade using DD
- Burning the ISO on a DVD-RW using CDBurnerXP on Windows

and all of them resulted in failure, kicking me straight back to the bootloader of the OS I have currently installed (openSUSE.) I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Does AROS not support UEFI or something? Thanks!
A
Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 19 days ago
I also have a seventh-generation laptop and it doesn't boot AROS, maybe it doesn't support UEFI
Posted 19 days ago
Hi Kantraa and welcome to the forum, your Lenovo Yoga 330-11IGM is probably not supported, HERE you can see the supported computers.

Please try adding 'noacpi' and/or 'noioapic' switches to grub command line to see if that makes a difference.

Example: Multiboot /Arch/pc/bootstrap.gz ATA=32bit noacpi

Have you already tried AROS One on a virtual machine such as WMware, VirualBox or QEmu?
kantraakantraaNewbie
Posted 19 days ago
Hi Amigasystem,

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately I can't try your solution as I can't even get to GRUB. The second I select the option to boot from the install medium in the boot menu I get to by pressing F12 after I turn on my laptop I get kicked straight back to my host OS.

Thanks,
kantraa
Edited by kantraa on 08-07-2024 15:55, 19 days ago
J
Jeff1138Junior Member
Posted 18 days ago
Hi,

Sorry your laptop is too new for aros native use. Our lack of USB3 support I suspect is the issue. UEFI will the next problem (probable failure) if you tried to install onto the sata ssd outside the laptop and want the rest of the drive partitions intact. Most of the laptop will not be well supported though.

The Lenovo Yoga 330-11IGM is an 11.6-inch convertible laptop. The device runs on a Pentium Silver quad-core processor from the Gemini Lake generation. Vesa 2d for Graphics adapter Intel UHD Graphics 605. No wifi and no ethernet.

An hosted or VMware solution would be better in this situation.
A
Posted 18 days ago
yes the computer is too recent for aros I tried booting it on my seventh generation and it doesn't work for the same reasons

Best Greatings
Posted 18 days ago
@kantraa

If you have created the Live Pendrive, you can edit the file 'grub.cfg' with a common text editor; the file 'grub.cfg' is located at the path

AROS:Archpcgrub

When you boot the Live Pendrive, what happens? You get to the Grub menu, if you boot in VESA mode what happens, do you get a black screen or does the Cat's Eye graphic appear?

Also try remastering the USB image by renaming the extension from .VHD to .IMG
A
Posted 18 days ago
amigasystem the computer does not see and ignores devices with aros both usb and dvd
Posted 18 days ago
Amiwell let's leave the testing to kantraa, any information will be useful, it is important to understand if it starts and where it gets stuck!
N
ntromansJunior Member
Posted 18 days ago

kantraa wrote:

@kantraa - Hi Amigasystem,

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately I can't try your solution as I can't even get to GRUB. The second I select the option to boot from the install medium in the boot menu I get to by pressing F12 after I turn on my laptop I get kicked straight back to my host OS.

Thanks,
kantraa

Hi Kantraa,
Not getting to grub is not an issue with AROS - no element of AROS will have started before the grub command line is executed. I had a similar problem with a HP Elitebook, and it took a lot of experimenting with BIOS options until I persuaded it to boot. Have ou tried altering the bios options?

Cheers,
Nigel.
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 17 days ago
@kantraa

Out of curiosity, can you please try Rufus version 3.20 to burn the VHD image? It's Windows only and you can find the downloads here

https://rufus.ie/...
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 8
Members Online 2
Argo, deadwood

Total Members: 243
Newest Member: fred410
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]