Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS ABIv0 20220318-1 Support

Last updated on 1 day ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 1 day ago
I could do it via Installer, although I might miss something about the changes and corrections I made !

The problem is that users if they have changed paths or moved something, the update via "Installer" might fail !

Eventually next time I organize is I keep stored separately all the changes !
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 days ago
BTW, for AROSOne 2.5, are you planning to release an update package so that people don't have to re-install?
Posted 2 days ago
Ok thank you !
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 2 days ago
You can use either - they are built from the same source. The difference is size comes from some debug information which contains part of the build directory path (which is different between ISO build and contrib build)
Posted 3 days ago
deadwood is about the archive "AROS-any-i386-contrib.tar.bz2 v20220318-1 " which is located in "https://www.axrt.org/downloads-aros", land two libraries are located in the Libs folder.

The libraries are different in size from those included in Build AROS-pc-i386-boot-iso.zipper v20220318-1
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 days ago
Can you provide more context of your question? Which specific files do you indicate as "contrib" and "Build" - can you provide links to them?

What I released was just an update archive: AROS-20220318-1-U1-any-i386-update.zip. There is no contrib there.
Posted 3 days ago
deadwood, in the contrib there are two libraries (freetype2.library and popupmenu.library) which have a different size from the Build, are there any differences, which one should be used?
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 3 days ago
many thanks deadwoodSmile
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 3 days ago
Update 1 is now officially released. For binaries and change log check these locations:

https://github.com/deadwood2/AROS/releases/tag/ABIv0_20220318-1
https://www.axrt.org/downloads-aros
retrofaza, Amiwell79, mmartinka
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 5 days ago
Created bug report for this issue: https://github.com/deadwood2/AROS/issues/144
Posted 5 days ago
deadwood, is it possible to correct the graphic artifacts when dragging an Icon ?

If you try to drag a native AROS Icon but also a DualPNG Icon, around the Icon you notice black graphic artifacts, see screenshot

I specify that on AROS 68k the problem does not exist, especially the DualPNG Icon when dragged and clean and clear !
You do not have access to view attachments
Posted 5 days ago
I don't find any anomalies
Posted 6 days ago
Ok so I can proceed to build the new AROS One 2.5.

Regarding the USB image I will probably still use Rufus v3.2 and VHD format, unless in the meantime the new version of Rufus 4.5 will be released (like v4.4 It will only work on Win10/11).

Meanwhile, yesterday the developer of Rufus informed me by e-mail that he has finally located the Bug that I had reported to him on the AROS One Images with Rufus v4, referred to by him as "benign error, Read error: [0x0000001B] " and that it will be fixed in the next version.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 days ago
Thanks.

There are no more changes planned for U1 update. Unless some problems are found, the archive above will be the official release.
Posted 6 days ago
deadwood, actually I had already tested part of these updates, anyway everything seems to be fine !

In the Build you are going to release will there be more new update ?
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 6 days ago
Ok, corrected.
F
FaroxJunior Member
Posted 6 days ago
@deadwood link don't work ?
nikosnikosDistro Maintainer
Posted 8 days ago
Thanks Deadwood. I though it might be something like that Smile I will try now.
Posted 8 days ago
many thanks deadwoodfor fix release
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 8 days ago
For D520 you need to add 'noacpi' to grub command line in order to boot.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: nikos, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, Amiwell79, Farox
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 3
Members Online 0

Total Members: 228
Newest Member: r-tea
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]