Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Tiny Aros Distrò

Last updated on 3 hours ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 3 hours ago
@amigamia

It seems that there is also a clone ! it may be that the phishing risk is due to HTTP (without S)

http://www.im-cre...
https://www.imcre...
amigamiaamigamiaAdmin
Posted 4 hours ago
Just letting you know that this hosting domain is reported to be a phishing risk by other browsers:

www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/screen_shot_2024-05-09_at_64822_am.png
Edited by amigamia on 09-05-2024 06:50, 4 hours ago
amigamia attached the following image:
screen_shot_2024-05-09_at_64822_am.png
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 5 hours ago
Not for the moment
pixiepixieMember
Posted 6 hours ago
Any plan for a 68k version?
Posted 16 hours ago
Once the site has been updated you can download a wide selection of games, applications and extra system files, the distribution as usual includes the base of the system with a small selection of software

i.ibb.co/cx95pCL/web.jpg
Edited by Amiwell79 on 09-05-2024 04:09, 6 hours ago
retrofaza, pixie, Argo
Posted 3 days ago
Tiny is really Tiny now, the current version is 3.2, the accompanying software I think is satisfactory, the development tools are not included since it is considered that most of the programmers work in a cross environment, in the new site I will include a large collection of games and applications not included in the distribution
Posted 3 days ago
ok i understand thank you very much for your effortSmile
pixiepixieMember
Posted 3 days ago
Well, I won't be telling how to setup your distro, but from time to time I go to my own which is something like this:

I have Workbench 3.1 as partition, unchangable, then I have a second SYS which uses the same structure as WB3.1 where all with all news prefs, utilities, system, tools, I gather from aminet to give it more functionality (a bit like Workbench 3.* from Cloanto) but without mixing with the old. And lastly I have a work partition where I separate my programs by graphics, music, etc...

One thing I have differently from most is that my shortcuts aren't tied with the name of the functions, but rather spatially, so that all the shortcuts are clustered around the same keys and this way I use my right hand for shortcuts and right for the mouse
Posted 3 days ago
I would like Tiny Aros to look a lot like the old workbench including the default AppsCool
Posted 3 days ago
thank you for your attentionGrin
Posted 3 days ago
thought:

OWB
AmicastPlayer
ModExporer
RNOPublisher
Apdf
ZunePaint
RNOEffects
WCS
Protracker

System Utilities

what do you think about thisSmile
Edited by Amiwell79 on 06-05-2024 09:01, 3 days ago
Posted 3 days ago
If anything, I might include only the really essential software like OWB and a few other AppLike
Posted 3 days ago
I always recommend to have one or more partitions for your personal files, documents, music, games, the main core includes what is there now at the software level you only have to at each new installation overwrite the aros partition that includes the main core

hi many thanksSmile
pixiepixieMember
Posted 3 days ago

Amiwell79 wrote:

@Amiwell79 - If you use the file in a virtual machine you don't need to install anything, if you want to install on a PC you have to write the image file with Rufus

I see now! Smile

Amiwell79 wrote:

@Amiwell79 - the file is compressed if you want a really small distribution i can remove moreSmile

I would make you a suggestion, I think most are used to have multiple partitions, it would be interesting if you had one core and multiple modules, this way you didn't have to update all each time there was an upgrade.
Posted 3 days ago
the file is compressed if you want a really small distribution i can remove moreSmile
Posted 3 days ago
If you use the file in a virtual machine you don't need to install anything, if you want to install on a PC you have to write the image file with Rufus
Edited by Amiwell79 on 06-05-2024 08:02, 3 days ago
pixiepixieMember
Posted 3 days ago
Amiwell79, one thing I didn't understand is if it needs to install or not, usually on iso files since you cannot save the preferences they are made to be installable, but since your distro is already on a vhd I wonder if you need it to also be installed.
pixiepixieMember
Posted 3 days ago
478Mb is a nice size, I was talking of that 1.6gb file I tried before.
Posted 4 days ago
To make the distribution as tiny as possible I removed the development files, I still have to fix the site with other links, Bars&Pipes has been removed at the moment
Posted 4 days ago
The new site is online, it's a job done with the tools that AROS offers, I have to update the domain because the current one is too long
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Users who participated in discussion: amigamia, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, pixie, Amiwell79, miker1264, mattson62, Puni, Farox
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 8
Members Online 0

Total Members: 228
Newest Member: r-tea
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]