Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

General Chat

General Chat
896 posts | Last Activity on 08-01-2024 03:03 by Wintermute
W
Wintermute 08-01-2024 03:03, 4 months ago
Re: AROS Hosted Screen Resolution
Hi everyone, I am running AROS hosted, inside a Fedora distro. The window starts only at the full screen resolution (which is problematic - it is a window, so part of the windows lands outside the screen). There is no Boot application to change this behaviour (there is an icon, no executable file though). How can I change the starting screen resolution to something more sensible? Thanks a lot!
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 04-01-2024 09:03, 4 months ago
Re: Tiny Aros Distrò
for the next release we have to wait until there are fixes to be made'.
Responded in Tiny Aros Distrò
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 04-01-2024 08:51, 4 months ago
Re: Tiny Aros Distrò
I have changed the theme for the next release 'arosminimal2':)
Responded in Tiny Aros Distrò
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 02-01-2024 20:44, 4 months ago
Re: Icon Tools
many thanks:)
Responded in Icon Tools
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 02-01-2024 17:28, 4 months ago
Thank you miker, I have already implemented IconDrop on the new AROS One 2.4!
Responded in Icon Tools
M
miker1264 02-01-2024 16:10, 4 months ago
IconDrop version 1.02 has been posted to AROS Archives.
Responded in Icon Tools
M
miker1264 02-01-2024 11:45, 4 months ago
I have started the process of revising IconClone from version 1.08 to version 1.09. one major difference will be the addition of two buttons at the bottom to allow an icon image exchange or the complete replacement of an existing icon file. Hence the updated version will also use the new display offsets from IconDrop with the correction factor for x-coords, new Erase_Rectangle and any new enhancements that are needed. For those who like to change the palette color for background color I'm developing a method to read the new background color directly from the window rasterport. :-)
Responded in Icon Tools
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 01-01-2024 17:10, 4 months ago
Perfect miker, IconDrop works very well, the New Year has started well :) [img]https://www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/attachments/icondrop_3.jpg[/img]
Responded in Icon Tools
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 01-01-2024 17:10, 4 months ago
Perfect miker, IconDrop works very well, the New Year has started well :)
Responded in Icon Tools
M
miker1264 01-01-2024 16:26, 4 months ago
After much testing I concluded that the windows were being drawn correctly depending on which theme is currently being used. My program offsets needed to be adjusted to display correctly. The program now works as expected with window themes with different border thickness. Here is the revised IconDrop program and source code. The code is still a bit messy.
Responded in Icon Tools
mattson1017
mattson1017 01-01-2024 14:39, 4 months ago
Re: Happy Holidays
Happy New Year Everyone!
Responded in Happy Holidays
amigamia
amigamia 01-01-2024 11:53, 4 months ago
Happy New 2024 to you all!
Amiwell79
Amiwell79 01-01-2024 08:29, 4 months ago
happy new year to all
Argo
Argo 01-01-2024 08:11, 4 months ago
Happy New Year 2024, All [img]https://t.gamesnostalgia.com/screenshots/n/e/new-year-lemmings-91-92/19619.jpg[/img]
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 01-01-2024 06:33, 4 months ago
Happy 2024 to the whole forum
D
deadwood 01-01-2024 05:32, 4 months ago
Happy New Year!
M
miker1264 01-01-2024 05:31, 4 months ago
Have a Happy New Year everyone!
M
miker1264 31-12-2023 14:14, 4 months ago
[quote name=AMIGASYSTEM post=3443]@AMIGASYSTEM - In fact, it seems that by increasing the window border by 10, instead of growing and advancing outwards, it does so inwards, but only from the left side! I don't know if this is a clue, Amiga OS 3.1 seems to have border 5, whereas OS 3.9 has a much larger border! At the moment it can be solved by correcting all configurations and fixing the border at 5 (even just the left border)[/quote] I'm not sure how the increased border thickness affects other programs but for IconDrop and other icon tools I have an easy workaround. If border thickness > 5 then factor = (thickness / 2) and if factor > 0 then winw += factor. I have to also apply the correction factor to the x-offsets for the display areas to center the icon images. I don't mind using workarounds in the short run but eventually the correct solution should be to identify and fix the issue(s) in Intuition Library. You shouldn't need to change any window themes if it doesn't affect other programs. The newest version of IconDrop will be posted.
Responded in Icon Tools
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 31-12-2023 03:36, 4 months ago
In fact, it seems that by increasing the window border by 10, instead of growing and advancing outwards, it does so inwards, but only from the left side! I don't know if this is a clue, Amiga OS 3.1 seems to have border 5, whereas OS 3.9 has a much larger border! At the moment it can be solved by correcting all configurations and fixing the border at 5 (even just the left border)
Responded in Icon Tools
M
miker1264 30-12-2023 17:04, 4 months ago
After doing some further testing with the Ice Theme and those derived from it with window border thickness of 10 I noticed a few things. For whatever reason if the window border has a thickness greater than five there are distortions both vertical and horizontal. This graphics issue seems to be an internal AROS issue maybe with the Window Decoration? In the screenshot you can see the original distorted IconDrop user interface at the top. After I added some correction factors the enhanced IconDrop user interface in on the bottom left. Notice also the bottom button of ScreenGrabber. The Zune user interface is also distorted. I'm not sure why this is happening. For example if my IconDrop window while using Ice Theme with screen font Arial 16 is supposed to be 231 it is actually drawn as 227. So it is 4 pixels short. Something similar happens to window height. It is drawn shorter than it really is. When you query Window width in this case it reports width = 231. This window layout issue that corrupts the graphics for the right side and bottom side may be related to the window theme scroller gadgets on the right and bottom that are drawn wrong.
Responded in Icon Tools
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator

Filter by Tags

Popular Threads This Week

AROS One x86 Work In Progressby AMIGASYSTEM 140 posts
Tiny Aros Distròby Amiwell79 103 posts
AROS ABIv0 20220318-1 Supportby deadwood 55 posts
Bars&Pipes 1.0 is Availableby Amiwell79 53 posts
Buttons not shownby OlafSch 9 posts
WipEout Rewriteby Farox 4 posts
Cross Platform Applicationsby miker1264 3 posts
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 7
Members Online 0

Total Members: 225
Newest Member: -micky
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]