Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

ICAROS

ICAROS Specific Threads
227 posts | Last Activity on 11-03-2013 16:31 by emeck
emeck
emeck 11-03-2013 16:31, 11 years ago
Re: Icaros 1.5.1
@rebreist @magorium Thanks. I already have a crosscompiler for targeting AOS3.x under Linux. Just curious if it was possible with AROS too.
Responded in Icaros 1.5.1
M
magorium 11-03-2013 14:57, 11 years ago
Hi emeck, afaik no. But i am not very familiar with gcc. You could try and build a crosscompiler yourself. Just recently a guide written by troy was [url=http://archives.aros-exec.org/?function=showfile&file=document/development/amiga_gcc_build_eng.pdf] posted on the archives[/url] that explains how to build a AOS crosscompiler for windows/linux. In case of problems you could try and get some help on aros-exec (although amiga is not really their topic) or at amigacoding.de.
rebraist
rebraist 11-03-2013 07:08, 11 years ago
Sorry, I am of no help here... Just for saying "all is possible", but i don't think there's any crosscompiler implemented under aros. A workaround is installing an emulated amiga environment in Icaros via juae and compile m68k executables in emulation.
emeck
emeck 10-03-2013 18:35, 11 years ago
Hi guys, since you are talking about compilation too, is it possible to crosscompile to AOS3.x using Icaros gcc?
rebraist
rebraist 10-03-2013 14:11, 11 years ago
Yeah! I rarely install it natively, for the same reason. Just some days ago i natively installed 1.5.1, saving work partition to use data. But it's really fast! And i thought it's worth to substitute 1.4.x. edit: just to say, the fastest aros distro in everyday use is aspireos. @zgrub Just uploaded 0.0.6. Let's say now comes the tough stuff: i'd forgotten (along the way) to code nvidia and igma modes, so they are not correctly (fully)recognised. Next step will be just this: model nvidia and igma modes. It's "tough stuff" because i have to read (and learn) all their options (if any) from aros source. Vesa is quite simple: xres yres, freq, depth and a little more. Then i will complete saving on disk part. That's (in my mind) quite completed: when i load it, all grub is splitted in a dynamical linked list, so, saving it's a very similar process to load. Let's say in a ten years or something less it'll be ready!!!:D
M
magorium 10-03-2013 13:38, 11 years ago
Yes i have :) It is indeed (at least for vesa-mode) the fastest boot and experience i ever withnessed with AROS (not that it says much as i am only recently around :D). It's just that i'm always short on time to actually install it on a native machine (currently running 1.4.something) as i need to re-install all my custom stuff's. And that is no fun doing it, say every half year or so. My VBox dev is even 1.3.3 :shame: Hopefully paolone can keep the seperation of system files strict enough for us to at least being able to upgrade for a longer period of time now. As this 'feature' is new in 1.5 release, i'm very conservative. Big(ger) chances are probably coming soon. \o/ (which reminds me, we really could use native subversion). How's zgrubber going ? :)
rebraist
rebraist 08-03-2013 19:21, 11 years ago
Have you tried it? I find it's really a nice piece of software! I'm using it as a virtual machine and i have to say it's very speedy! I'm working on a C project and the booting and compiling with gcc it's much more speedy than 1.4.x! Really! Try it!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 12
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]