Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS ABIv0 20220318 Development [CLOSED]

Last updated on 23 days ago
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
Please do not mix binaries from previous system release and D01. This can lead to unexpected and hard to trace problems. If you spot a problem with AROS One (after integration), be sure to replicate it on the clean build as well before reporting.

In this specific case, I have taken and note of missing descriptors and will restore them in one of the next builds.
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 4 months ago
OK, does this rule also apply to all existing third-party software?
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
No, only to software from System ISO or from Contrib archive. Everything downloaded from Archives or other locations should keep on working as it should have never been using stdc.library.

For clarification on third-party software: if such software was part of System ISO or Contrib archive it has to be replaced (like DiskImage is a third-party software, but part of System ISO). If it was not part of System ISO or Contrib archive, it should continue working.
Posted 4 months ago
OK, I had already guessed and had overwritten all the contrib software, I just replaced 'Diskimage.device' for the received Guru.

I tried creating a Live Pendrive from VMvare and everything worked perfectly.

I tested the Live Pendrive on my Apire One Z5 and found only one problem:

- VESA mode -> Works fine
- Native Mode -> Guru with IntelGMA

Testato anche Dell Inspiron Mini 910, same problem VESA ok, IntelGMA Guru
Posted 4 months ago
I am checking all the third-party files included on AROS One, to see if any software requires the "stdc.library etc.." libraries.
Some that use these libraries exist, when I finish I will make a list, at the moment I have found one that can also be found on aros-archive

Possibly for these programmes I could include "stdc.library etc.." in the folder where the programmes reside, I think there is no problem doing this.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
Thanks for doing that check - it is very important. Yes, I think if needed, the library can be put in the programs directory and it won't interfere with other programs. Please note when testing, if you load stdc.library once, it remains resident (like all libraries), so a program that needs it will find it even if library is deleted from disk. Best to reboot each time stdc.library is loaded and you can use liblist to find out if it is loaded already.

Please share the list of third-party programs that depends on stdc.library. I thought there should not be such programs as this library was only "visible" from system side.
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 4 months ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - I don't know if installation to USB should be possible from anything else than Live-CD.

What goes wrong in your case?

again worksSmile
Posted 4 months ago
Thanks deadwood, on OS3 I use an application called 'Flush' which allows me to delete libraries from Ram without restarting the system, very useful when you have to test software that uses libraries with the same name but different versions.

On Aminet there are several applications that do this job, these include the sources, I tried to compile them but I get errors

http://aminet.net.../cli/flush
http://aminet.net...ys/flshlib
http://aminet.net...g/Flush11b
Posted 4 months ago
i tried the build in my HP Z400 with windows that is recognised by the bootloader but i have problems in native mode i have a geforce 8400 GS that is recognised in previous builds now it tells me intelGMA error?
Posted 4 months ago
i removed the intelGMA driver from sys:devs/monitor and everything works in native mode even hdaudio and rtl8169 which also work in the acer aspire A110Smile
Posted 4 months ago
@Amiwell79
You don't have to delete intelGMA, you just have to correct the Toolypes, see below

@deadwood
The intelGMA error is caused by the parameter in the Tootypes Icon

STARTPRI=0 -> Does not work
STARTPRI=1 -> Works fine
Posted 4 months ago
ok many thanks aros is woderfullLike
Posted 4 months ago
do not works in my acer aspire A110
Posted 4 months ago

Amiwell79 wrote:

@Amiwell79 - do not works in my acer aspire A110

Make sure you have saved "STARTPRI=1 "
Posted 4 months ago
yes I saved the setting is correct, as for the HP Z400 I have a geforce no an intelGMA
Posted 4 months ago
If I understand correctly in order to run 'Geforce', you have to delete the 'intelGMA' monitor
"STARTPRI=1 " only removes the "intelGMA" error

---- Italiano ---

Se ho capito bene per fa funzionare "Geforce", devi eliminare il Monitor "intelGMA"
"STARTPRI=1 " elimina solo l'errore "intelGMA"
Posted 4 months ago
on the acer it does not work despite the change in settings, yes on the HP I only deleted the intelGMA file
Posted 4 months ago
intelGMA actually has a strange behaviour, now I have tried again and I still get a Guru! the Guru appears anse if you try to start it from the icon!
Posted 4 months ago
there will be some problems to solve
Posted 4 months ago
@deadwood

I finished checking AROS One for applications using the libraries: stdc.library, stdcio.library, posixc.library, jfif.library, jpeg.library, Thread.library :

With some of these I solved by using the probably most up-to-date versions found on aros-archive!

These instead are the applications found on aros-archive that make use of stdc.library, stdcio.library, posixc.library:

wput: http://archives.a...6-aros.lha
Acidwarp: http://archives.a...6-aros.zip
Dosbox: http://archives.a...6-aros.lha

Bad Apple : http://archives.a...6-aros.lha
On Bad Apple to require the mentioned libraries is a file in the directori named "potrace", by deleting "potrace" the Bad Apple animation still works, i do not know what the 'potrace' file is for.

SCANdal: Among the programme requirements is "Jfif.library", but even if it is not present, it still works on AROS, verified with "Sashimi", no presence of the "Jfif.library" requirement

Applications using 'stdc.library, stdcio.library, posixc.library':
All "Demo Mesa"

Applications using only "stdc.library, stdcio.library"
Hostgl.library
Thread.library

Applications using only "Thread.library"
wbXcli
ArosVNC
ArosVNC-Server
ArTorr
ArmodPlugPlayer
aMP3ToWAV
FileOP
iddemon

Applications using "stdc.library
SMBFS
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: serk118uk, magorium, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, pixie, retrofaza, Amiwell79, miker1264, Gundam
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 6
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]