Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS ABIv0 20220318 Development [CLOSED]

Last updated on 1 month ago
Amiwell79Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 4 months ago
later i will open a bounty for the odyssey update on power to peopleLike
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 4 months ago
@deadwood
Regarding OWB, the "strange" font CARBON, had remained only on Google's "Serach", I installed the Font Arial.ttf (free online) and the Font Carbon also disappeared from Google's Search, Arial on OWB seems the best choice, on AROS One Arial is also the Font of Wanderer and Dopus4.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
I still need to see why this font gets selected as default. Worst case, I will remove from the ISO.
Posted 4 months ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood - I still need to see why this font gets selected as default. Worst case, I will remove from the ISO.

If you remove Font "Carbon" from the build you will not solve, OWB will use Font "GoodTimes" other font not suitable for a Browser:

- "Partial" resolution from OWB save a Font that is present in the system ! the Carbon Font will remain only on Google Search

- Final Resolution, install "Arial TTF" Font, in this case the "Carbon" Font even if present will be ignored

I recommend that the Build include the ttf Fonts "Arial" and "Helvetica"
Posted 4 months ago
under stress the system is very stable I am using a laptop
Edited by Amiwell79 on 22-01-2024 19:23, 4 months ago
You do not have access to view attachments
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago

Amiwell79 wrote:

@Amiwell79 - under stress the system is very stable I am using a laptop

You most likely need to thank Kalamatee for this. He's the one working on kernel. Send him a donation if you can.
pixiepixieMember
Posted 4 months ago
Is there a way to get antialiased fonts much like on AFA?
Posted 4 months ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood -

Amiwell79 wrote:

@Amiwell79 - under stress the system is very stable I am using a laptop

You most likely need to thank Kalamatee for this. He's the one working on kernel. Send him a donation if you can.

OK I will do what I can
Posted 4 months ago

pixie wrote:

@pixie - Is there a way to get antialiased fonts much like on AFA?

TTF Fonts I believe are Antialiased, as on AfA OS to install TTF Fonts so that the whole system sees them, you have to use the FTManager program.
Posted 4 months ago
deadwood i noticed that your Build of AROS 68k was compiled with the C Library, my AROS One 68k was based on the Build of sourceforge.io, i chose it because it was more up to date, now i will build my AROS One 68k with your Build, thanks !
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
Please keep in mind that, unlike x86_64 buidsl, I don't oficially release the 68k builds. They are only used for some testing purposes so I don't know whether they are in better shape than builds from www.aros.org.
Posted 4 months ago
At the moment your Build and your Rom are incompatible with the Bulild sourceforge.io,.

Since I don't have to distribute AROS One 68k at the moment, I prefer to follow the 'C Library' line
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
Ok, I understand.
Posted 4 months ago
I would like to point out that in both Build 68k (yours and aros.org's), the pointer cannot be changed, you only get an undefined red Pointer
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
Which video mode are you using? When I have 256 color mode, the pointer does not change when Prefs/Pointer is used. When I then switch to 32-bit mode, the pointer actually change to the one previously selected.
Posted 4 months ago
I have always used 32Bit resolutions on WinUAE!

I solved it, found the problem, on WinUAE "Hardware Sprite Emula" was enabled in the "RTG Boards" section

If I remember correctly I had added this option some time ago, because on AROS 68k the Pointer disappeared as soon as you started wanderer.
Posted 4 months ago
deadwood on your Builds x86/68k don't have the updated catalogues, I haven't checked the other languages, but in Italian Wanderer doesn't translate because the catalogue is old (3.0).

On the Builds of aros.org instead the Italian catalogs are updated, there are all the Italian catalogs translated and updated by me!
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
Ok, I'll look into this.
Posted 4 months ago
deadwood, regarding Network prefs, since SMB0 does not work, is it possible to replace it with SMB2 which works very well instead ?
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
Doesn't SMB2 have it's own preferences program?

As for SMB0, what does not work with it? And was it always not working or did it stop working at some point?
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: serk118uk, magorium, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, pixie, retrofaza, Amiwell79, miker1264, Gundam
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 7
Members Online 0

Total Members: 230
Newest Member: Gundam1
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]