Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

AROS ABIv0 20220318 Development [CLOSED]

Last updated on 1 month ago
AMIGASYSTEMAMIGASYSTEMDistro Maintainer
Posted 4 months ago
Where can I find Mazze e-mail?
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
PM sent
Posted 4 months ago
Thank you
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
Hi,

Next patch:

https://axrt.org/development/20220318-D05-P04.zip

D05-P04:
  • Fixed: No devices visible in boot menu
Posted 4 months ago
Ok it works fine, now the available volumes are visible, see screenshot

Maybe fault of the translation, but I didn't really understand how you need to use it.

If I add bootmenu on the Grub, even after nomonitors, Early Startup appears automatically after the Grup

I would like to understand how in a normal boot I can invoke Early Startup.

If on the Gub I press the "e" key nothing happens on VmWare !
You do not have access to view attachments
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
In normal boot you need to press 'e' at Grub, the add bootmenu to command line and press CTRL+x

I don't know why it does not work on VMWare, but please try it on real hardware.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago

@Amiwell79

Does this happen every time you open Bookmarks window or randomly (sometimes you see images and sometimes this text)?
Posted 4 months ago
@deadwood

On PC the "e" key works, if I send the bootmenu command, I get the message bootmenu not found ! where do I go wrong ?

If with a text editor, I add bootmenu in the grub after nomonitors, the PC automatically starts bootmenu.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago

AMIGASYSTEM wrote:

@AMIGASYSTEM - @deadwood

On PC the "e" key works, if I send the bootmenu command, I get the message bootmenu not found ! where do I go wrong ?

If with a text editor, I add bootmenu in the grub after nomonitors, the PC automatically starts bootmenu.

Can you make me a photos on how you add bootmenu to grub and what messege are you getting on PC?
Posted 4 months ago
On the GRUB I add boot menu here:

multiboot /Arch/pc/bootstrap.gz vesa=1024x768 ATA=32bit nomonitors bootmenu

In this case AROS starts automatically with Early Startup.

This is probably where I am wrong !
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
Then it works as expected. If you add 'bootmenu' to command line, AROS will start Early Startup. I don't understand the problem you are having.
Posted 4 months ago
I created a small video with VirtaualBox where the "e" key works, in the video you can see the Bootmenu starts automatically, while if I send the bootmenu command, it is not found.

If this is how it works you could add an "emergency" entry in GRUB to directly start bootmenu, it would be very useful to do maintenance in case of no boot.
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
Ok, thanks for the video.

If you add 'bootmenu' in grub.cfg (like you did in first boot) than it will be shown each time you boot. You most likely don't want that, so delete it from grub.cfg.

Then when you really want to boot to Early Startup, press 'e' (like you did on second boot) and then add 'bootmenu' exactly in the same location you had it in first boot, after 'nomonitor'. This way it will be active only in this one time you boot.
Posted 4 months ago
Ok deadwood, solved, I didn't understand that in GRUB I had to move behind 'nomonitor' Smile

In the meantime for AROS One I tried to add in GRUB an entry that allows to start Early Startup and then from the Prompt the possibility to start Dopus4, limited Wanderer or other atraverso script files useful for maintenance, see video !
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago

deadwood wrote:

@deadwood -

@Amiwell79

Does this happen every time you open Bookmarks window or randomly (sometimes you see images and sometimes this text)?

*bump*
A
Amiwell79Distro Maintainer
Posted 4 months ago
thanks
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
@Amiwell79

Do the Odyssey anomalies you reported happen every time you open Bookmarks window or randomly (sometimes you see images and sometimes this text)?
A
Posted 4 months ago
I took a new screenshot of the window
A
Posted 4 months ago
usually in the window on the left-hand side only the name of the site and the address appeared, on the right-hand side only the name
D
deadwoodAROS Dev
Posted 4 months ago
@Amiwell79

Can you share your bookmarks.html file?
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: serk118uk, magorium, deadwood, AMIGASYSTEM, pixie, retrofaza, Amiwell79, miker1264, Gundam
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 4
Members Online 0

Total Members: 230
Newest Member: Gundam1
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]