Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Site Feedback

Site Feedback
243 posts | Last Activity on 17-08-2023 06:54 by amigamia
amigamia
amigamia 17-08-2023 06:54, 9 months ago
Re: Specific Threads dedicated to AROS One
Please try again. The new forum settings and perms were not matching that of the others.
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 17-08-2023 02:10, 9 months ago
In my threads "Aros One" I no longer see screenshots, i have the message "You do not have access to view attachments" Also there is no longer an "Attachment" Tab
amigamia
amigamia 16-08-2023 09:49, 9 months ago
Re: code tag in editor
[quote name=deadwood post=2210]@deadwood - Hmm, maybe there is an option to install another/additional editor? I remember seeing some forums that had two editors to choose from. Edit: something I found on topic: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24595694/keep-indentation-when-paste-into-tinymce[/quote] There is an option to turn it off but I do not see an alternative in the Admin panel. I can try turning it off but I am not sure of the impact. Great find on stackoverflow, I want to test it first. I am setting up a LAMP server to install PHP-Fusion and do some testing for both options.
Responded in code tag in editor
D
deadwood 16-08-2023 09:32, 9 months ago
Hmm, maybe there is an option to install another/additional editor? I remember seeing some forums that had two editors to choose from. Edit: something I found on topic: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24595694/keep-indentation-when-paste-into-tinymce
amigamia
amigamia 16-08-2023 07:26, 9 months ago
The indentation and the cut off are a bugs of the TinyMCE editor I am afraid. I will have to report that to the developers and see if there is a work around. As for the white background in the preview, that is theme specific. I think it can be fixed. I just need to find the right color codes in the theme to adjust them.
M
magorium 15-08-2023 19:14, 9 months ago
as text is enclosed by code is text [code=text] program hello; begin writeln('hello world'); end. [/code] as text is enclosed by pre [pre] program hello; begin writeln('hello world'); end. [/pre] Not to mention the preview window when you are trying to edit some code in order to preview the results. It is cut off at the right on my setup and the whole message box is highlighted for me with a white background.
amigamia
amigamia 15-08-2023 18:38, 9 months ago
[code] $default = [ 'title' => $locale['errunk'], 'status' => '505', 'back' => [ 'url' => BASEDIR.'index.php', 'title' => $locale['errret'] ] ];[/code]
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 15-08-2023 02:20, 9 months ago
Thank you
amigamia
amigamia 14-08-2023 20:03, 9 months ago
I created a new Forum just for AROS One and moved both of them into it. I just need to fix the title of one of them, it shows as "First Post".
amigamia
amigamia 14-08-2023 19:58, 9 months ago
OK Thanks for reporting it. Let me do some testing and research. It's built-in PHPFusion CMS so I'll have to see if this is a known problem.
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 14-08-2023 17:39, 9 months ago
Hi, could you create Specific Threads dedicated to "AROS One", and move "AROS One x86 Work In Progress" and "AROS One x86 Distro" to this new section, thanks !
D
deadwood 14-08-2023 13:37, 9 months ago
Hi, I noticed two problems with /code/ tag in editor: 1) It kills white space formatting, while it should preserve it as code should have correct indentation 2) It tried to color the code by some logic, but it looks suspicious See comparison: https://ae.amigalife.org/index.php?topic=1063.375 https://www.arosworld.org/infusions/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=1116
D
deadwood 14-08-2023 13:27, 9 months ago
Re: Preview background
Hi, I'm using the default dark theme. When checking preview of post, it is rendered with light gray font on top of white background, making it rather hard to see ;) It also seems that URLs are being shortened when displayed to something like 20 or 30 characters. Can this limit be increased to something like 50-100?
Responded in Preview background
D
deadwood 07-08-2023 02:24, 9 months ago
Re: Threads with posts since last visit
Yes, I can see it - that's great! Thank you very much :)
amigamia
amigamia 06-08-2023 08:48, 9 months ago
While checking the options, I think I figured out how to map the Forum Ranks to the security groups. You should see the tag next to your name as "AROS Devs" now. It's a bit convoluted if you ask me but it can be done. I'll start populating them as you suggested.
amigamia
amigamia 06-08-2023 08:29, 9 months ago
[quote name=deadwood post=2138]@deadwood - Thanks for looking into this. Hopefully the software has these options. Another question that came to my mind is user groups/tagging. When I post, there is a "Member" tag on the right. You have "Admin" tag. On AROS-Exec I seem to be tagged "AROS Developer". Maybe it would make sense to make the "Member" group more fine grained and add these subgroups (like also "Distro mintainer"), so that new people would get a basic sense who are they talking to.[/quote] I looked into this and what you see in the forums is none other than "Forum ranks" and are based on the number of posts a user performs on these forums. I can create more but that does not reflect the correct status. I did create the groups you mentioned but those are more for Security. The are used for providing access to different parts of the CMS site I use. For example, if I create a section to manage files in the Downloads that is for AROS developers only, I can leverage these security groups for R/W access, while giving only R to all members. At this time I am not sure how to use them but with time I am sure we'll find something to do with them
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 27-07-2023 06:07, 9 months ago
Re: Site Visualization
Don't worry it's not urgent, thanks again for what you're doing.
Responded in Site Visualization
amigamia
amigamia 26-07-2023 22:40, 9 months ago
For now use this. I am working on changing colors from the dark one so the theme is the same overall but just gray. It may take some time since I work full time.
AMIGASYSTEM
AMIGASYSTEM 26-07-2023 07:14, 9 months ago
[quote name=enzorug post=2152]@enzorug - Please go and edit your profile. In there you should see "Theme". Change it to "Magazine" and see if this works. Don't mind the logo as it's for the dark theme. I'll have to play around with that a bit.[/quote] "Magazine" works well, light gray would be ideal, but that's okay, thanks!
amigamia
amigamia 26-07-2023 06:59, 9 months ago
OK please check again. You should be back on Darkcore and Atom-X as been removed. It seemed to have had some issues with the user fields.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator

Filter by Tags

Popular Threads This Week

AROS One x86 Work In Progressby AMIGASYSTEM 140 posts
Tiny Aros DistrĂ²by Amiwell79 103 posts
Bars&Pipes 1.0 is Availableby Amiwell79 53 posts
ADoom3 benchmarkby retrofaza 39 posts
Development Planby deadwood 32 posts
The Fulcrum Scene Demoby Farox 16 posts
AROS Vision Backdropby mattson62 5 posts
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 6
Members Online 0

Total Members: 224
Newest Member: Zhule
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]