Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

General Chat

General Chat
973 posts | Last Activity on 23-08-2015 17:07 by emeck
emeck
emeck 23-08-2015 17:07, 9 years ago
Re: [Goal Reached] Tower 57, pixel art Chaos Engine homage, posible port for AROS
If the Amiga Stretch goal is reached, it will be ported to AROS, AmigaOS 4 and MorphOS. We still have time to help. Copied and pasted from the Update 20 of the kickstarter page: [quote] Quick Announcement: In addition to the new character, I also wanted to point out to our retro-loving backers that [b]after consulting with Daniel / Daytona675x, we are adding AROS to the list of supported Amiga platforms[/b] :) (provided of course that we reach the stretch goal).[quote][/quote] note: bold style added by me. And the link to the kickstater page [url]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/514621648/tower-57[/url]
amigamia
amigamia 01-04-2015 06:45, 9 years ago
Re: OS X and AmigaOS4 emulation on latest Aros PPC.
:@ Darn April Fools Day!! :P
C
cavemann 01-04-2015 03:28, 9 years ago
Re: OS X and AmigaOS4 emulation on latest Aros PPC.
Just in case anyone forgot. Here's wishing all a happy April fools day :)
M
magorium 24-03-2015 15:12, 9 years ago
Re: Aros-Exec Down?
Confirmed. Thanks for reporting back :thumbsup: fwiw: Usually this kind of things don't take very long, so it is normally enough to give it a day or so.
Responded in Aros-Exec Down?
C
cavemann 24-03-2015 14:13, 9 years ago
Aros-Exec is up and running now :)
M
magorium 23-03-2015 15:22, 9 years ago
For those experiencing problems attempting to connect to aros-exec.org: you're not the only one.
M
magorium 19-02-2015 10:21, 9 years ago
Re: SimpleMail and IMAP
@deadwood: i had a quick look at the sources, and was unable to find direct evidence for AROS specific ifdef's in order to not include imap support. Having that said, it could very well certain parts are not included (at all) for AROS. Speaking of those sources, is our MUI so different from MOS/OS4 that all those AROS specific ifdef's are required to f.i. call/link class methods ?
Responded in SimpleMail and IMAP
emeck
emeck 18-02-2015 11:58, 9 years ago
@deadwood it also works under AOS4. I had hope the same for AROS, as it have the option to select POP or IMAP in the settings. But MorphOS and AOS4 have newer versions, although IMAP support seems to be very basic yet. I'm searching por an alternative. I might have found something interesting ;)
D
deadwood 17-02-2015 13:49, 9 years ago
Isn't IMAP supported only in MorphOS version of SimpleMAIL? I think I read about it in AmigaFuture
emeck
emeck 14-02-2015 06:48, 9 years ago
@magorium. yeah, it is old. I' ve tried 0.37 too. I hope the latest would be ported soon. Meanwhile, I'll try with the latest aos3 version under emulation to see if it works. Edit: Just read the Icaros manual and network is not supported under AROS68k nor AOS3, so no imap for now :|
M
magorium 13-02-2015 21:36, 9 years ago
Unfortunately, simplemail 0.36 is a little outdated. If you'll look [url=http://simplemail.sourceforge.net/]at the releases after 0.36[/url], you'll notice quit a lot of improvements/fixes regarding IMAP. At least that would explain the difficulties you might experience.
emeck
emeck 13-02-2015 18:09, 9 years ago
Hello, I'm trying to setup SimpleMail 0.36 to use my yahoo and gmail imap accounts, as I have them in other clients (like SimpleMail for MorphOS) but no luck. After some time I get the message: "Unexpected server answer. Connection failed." Has anybody tried it? I'm using Icaros 2.0.3
C
cavemann 07-02-2015 16:14, 9 years ago
Re: Vote for your favorite AROS game.
The votes are in. And I am not surprised this year, since the winner seems obvious. Still, as a puzzle fanatic, I was hoping Berusky would find a place. Hopefully we will have plenty of games again this year :) The results: [url]http://obligement.free.fr/hitparade/award2014.php[/url]
C
cavemann 05-02-2015 19:21, 9 years ago
Re: AROS Shell Training?
@amigamia ...but I was kinda looking for some sort of training or with some small examples to show what all those commands do together. Something for new users to AROS who may not have a strong Amiga background. Perhaps you will like this ADos guide better? [url]http://www.bunton.id.au/afiles.html[/url] ...I couldn't complete anything without errors, hiccups, and all sorts of sporadic problems. I wonder how much stack you are working with. It should be okay but sometimes can be a problem. Please give a step by step example of your problem using the bash shell. So I can try to repeat the error.
Responded in AROS Shell Training?
M
magorium 04-02-2015 23:59, 9 years ago
Please note that icaros 2.0.2 should never have been released into public, as there where some serious flaws in there. Flaws that could impact aros in such a way that it would be impossible to be able to figure out exactly what is/was the culprit. Please, if you can, try updating to 2.0.3 or revert back to 2.0.1 fwiw: sh is used by developers itself to compile all sorts of things for and port to aros, so if indeed there are serious issues, we would have heard them by now. Nevertheless, it could happen something is amiss (it happened in the 2.x beta testing fase that sh was completely broken). Please retry with icaros 2.0.1 or 2.0.3 and if you can report back if you are still experiencing issues. sh is too important for AROS (developers) that we can't afford for it it having any (serious) issues.
amigamia
amigamia 04-02-2015 19:32, 9 years ago
[quote][url=http://arosworld.org/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=110&pid=723#post_723][b]cavemann wrote:[/b][/url] Thanks for the tip. Works using another browser. Back to the subject. There is a helpful shell manual in Icaros. And also, Aros has a wiki for the shell. [url]http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Aros/User/DOS[/url] But when I need help with a command in the shell, I just type, help <command>, that usually gives me all the information I need. On the subject of shell tricks, some of the Amiga stuff should work. After all, the Aros shell is based on the Amiga shell. Actually the Aros shell has two shells. Type sh and the shell will become a bash style shell and understand many linux shell commands. Then type exit to get back to AmigaDos ;)[/quote] Hey Cavemann, that is great about the AROS wiki for the shell but I was kinda looking for some sort of training or with some small examples to show what all those commands do together. Something for new users to AROS who may not have a strong Amiga background or no background at all. Haven't looked at the manual so I may be missing the mark here but I'll definitely check them out when free time comes along. As for sh in Aros, I have tried it under Icaros 2.0.2 and it is very unstable. I couldn't complete anything without errors, hiccups, and all sorts of sporadic problems.
C
cavemann 04-02-2015 18:48, 9 years ago
Thanks for the tip. Works using another browser. Back to the subject. There is a helpful shell manual in Icaros. And also, Aros has a wiki for the shell. [url]http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Aros/User/DOS[/url] But when I need help with a command in the shell, I just type, help <command>, that usually gives me all the information I need. On the subject of shell tricks, some of the Amiga stuff should work. After all, the Aros shell is based on the Amiga shell. Actually the Aros shell has two shells. Type sh and the shell will become a bash style shell and understand many linux shell commands. Then type exit to get back to AmigaDos ;)
amigamia
amigamia 04-02-2015 17:45, 9 years ago
[quote][url=http://arosworld.org/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=110&pid=721#post_721][b]cavemann wrote:[/b][/url] Amigamia, Clicking on the link gives me an error :([/quote] :| What kind of error? I just tried it and it worked. I tried different browsers and worked. I even right clicked on it to copy the link address and then paste it in another browser and worked. Heck, I even tried Internet Explo'd'er and it worked :D
C
cavemann 04-02-2015 16:17, 9 years ago
Amigamia, Clicking on the link gives me an error :(
amigamia
amigamia 04-02-2015 16:06, 9 years ago
I thought this [url]http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68782[/url] was a fantastic idea. IS anyone willing to do the same thing but for AROS Shell?
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Administrator

Filter by Tags

Popular Threads This Week

Icon Toolsby miker1264 177 posts
Tiny Aros DistrĂ²by Amiwell79 159 posts
AROS ABIv0 20220318-1 Supportby deadwood 70 posts
Custom Keyboard Layoutby MasterTggtt 14 posts
r-teaby r-tea 7 posts
AROS One 68k Work In Progressby AMIGASYSTEM 6 posts
Wanderer Menusby pixie 4 posts
Rufus 3.x and Rufus 4.x.by AMIGASYSTEM 3 posts
AROS Can Do IT videoby mattson62 1 post
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Users Online Now
Guests Online 3
Members Online 0

Total Members: 228
Newest Member: r-tea
Member Polls
Should AROSWorld continue with AROS-Exec files (SMF based)?
Yes44 %
44% [12 Votes]
No26 %
26% [7 Votes]
Not sure30 %
30% [8 Votes]